Thread: Turbo Cooling Mod Revisited

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry Turbo Cooling Mod Revisited

Hi guys and girls sorry for the revisit just got off the phone with Vx customer services about this cooling mod the little *******,
    Basically they told me my car had to be 3 years old or under, if under 3 years it has to be under 64,000 miles for them to give me the cooling mod,
    breathe
    My car is an 02 and it's covered 32,000 miles, they added to this by saying that this kit is only fitted if their has been a problem with the turbo WTF
    sounds like a good idea to fix it after it's broken and that the problems happens within 3 years or 64,000,
    breathe
    the fact of the matter is the turbo has no way of cooling apart from the air through the grill, yes thats wright no way as it's been perminently being feed hot water sounds smart, No wonder why the manifolds have been prone to cracking and the turbos pop!
    breathe
    So basically they told me here is your case number if anything happens give us a call What only to be told your turbo isn't covered but as good will we'll pay for the pipe ******* the kit at Vx is called a turbo repair kit i wonder why
    breathe
    Gsi-jay is the first person that brought it to attention, on his Zaff,the coupes and hatches are a different part number 93188799 a pound difference sorry for the post that turned into a rant

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well wot can i say m8 vauxhall as admitted a problem but just wont pay out and if do wont pay 4 new turbo just the pipes,mine now takes a bit longer to warm up but least i know it has the cooling it needs and not fead by hot water
    courtney stage 3 zafira,Mitsubishi evo geek mapped to 389 and 470 lb of torque

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    first time I read this for definite. I will be getting on to them tomorrow. I have asked repeatedly about turbo problems. My first turbo was spewing oil out the exhaust the day I picked it up new but they didnt change it until 31k. Just had that one changed at 82k as it was whining and had cracked. Getting annoyed with them designing a donut then the owners picking up the bill. Do you have the part number for the zafira repair kit please?
    Be Happy

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    So is this retro fit kit a freebie for cars of a certain milage/age?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    zafira kit number is 93188800 a link to my oroginal thread regarding this and pics http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=118651

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    from memory its a free kit if car under 3 yrs wiv certain milage and only if you complain of turbo overheating but pretty sure its only if turbo goes then you can get kit 4 free

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gsi-jay View Post
    from memory its a free kit if car under 3 yrs wiv certain milage and only if you complain of turbo overheating but pretty sure its only if turbo goes then you can get kit 4 free
    Yep gsi-jay is wright only if you turbo goes and it is under 3 years old and under 64,000 miles seem a bit stupid if you ask me,
    breathe
    they said that it would happen in this time, i bet if you drive like a granny,
    breathe
    I've ordered mine i would like a VXR turbo but no cash to splash out on one, even still i would still need the kit to help it cool as the turbo if driven hard, the life span will decrease until pop as there there is no other cooling parts, there is no oil cooler that i am a where of,
    breathe
    The z20let has two water pumps a mechanical one and an electric one, the electric water pump that pumps the water around the turbo when the engine is switched off, doesn't help if it's only pumping more hot water from the rad Now you know why their has been lots of problems with the turbos,
    breathe
    Thank you Vx

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    does any1 know how the water pipes are set out in the c20let,wot i think they thought was on cold start up the hot water will of course aid the warm up but as we know now the turbo then has no cooling

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Is this cooling mod for the Z20LET too as I thought it was only for the Z20LEH? I've got a Z20LET but with the VXR turbo fitted so will it fit that okay?

My car's out of warranty but having already replaced a broken turbo I'm still tempted to pay to get the mod done to prolong the new one's life.

Cheers
    Craig

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Near Portsmouth....... Drives a Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I am 99% sure it will be the same if you have the VXR turbo fitted.

Has anyone got a picture of the parts?
    The truth is always the truth even if you haven't realised it yet...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast