Thread: turbo lag

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

turbo lag

Had the Turbo on my Zafira welded about 3 weeks ago and now it feels like the Turbo ain't working.
    When i had the Turbo welded i had to set the boost back up as i had to split the turbo from the manifold so set it to wot regal recomended for phase 1.
    After i set it up my bus felt much stronger and boost was pretty much straight away but now the boost doesn't kick in now till about 3.5rpm.
    Looking at the Actuator i only have about 1-2 threads showing at the end and was wondering if there should be more showing.
    When i did the Turbo i took off the Dump Valve as it was making the bus drive like crap. When i first did it i could hear the Turbo chattering on gear changes but now i can hardly hear it.
    I was thinking that i may need check the boost again and up the boost up if needs be as it seems that way

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'd release both bolts on the actuator then push the waste gate shut manually then tighten up the bottom bolt to that position, then you tighten from there until its correct... Search for this there is a kinda how-to.

Are you getting correct boost top end???? Sounds like it could be leaking still to me...
    Arden Astra GSI - Phase 3.5

EDS Phase 3.5 288 BHP 340 FT/LB

Inlet cam and Dbilas manifold.