Thread: Full Boot Audio Install Completed - pics!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Full Boot Audio Install Completed - pics!

Right then, this has taken me a lot longer than i imagined, mainly due to bodyshops messing me about with the painting of the sub box but here we go anyway... A few progress pics although its not entirely finished yet! I won't bore you with too many.

Building the box...

Fleecing around the MDF 12" rings... (not how the box is made as two seperate chambers)

Trial fit...

Resin applied to the fleece along with several layers off matting for strength and thickness, The walls ended up at least 5mm thick and the inside was sealed completley with resin...

Next up was the rear amp panel and the false floor...

Then the orange fans were added and the panels were trimmed in a sued like material...

The sub box was then covered again in fleece, too give the appearance the subs are pumping away in one box, a lot of resin, filler, prepping sanding later and it was ready for the bodyshop to paint. Out it came and the inside was then treated to some soundproofing...

Subs fitted along with wadding inside the box again for sound proofing...

And a lot of fuss later getting it all in...

The install is by no means finished as had just been fitted for now.
    The subs will be coming out and the wiring upgraded as they are not sitting quite flush although the chambers are seal3ed with the help of some foam insulation around the edges.

Also have a voltmeter pod which is yet to go in...

Its painted now and i will get it sorted along with the wiring and a few little niggles.

Then???
    Onto the bootlid
    No rest for the wicked!
    WWW. FUTURESHOCKAUDIO .CO.UK
    Back in the Vauxhall fold - Astra Turbo & '82 Merc sadly missed, Two VX220's should keep me happy though

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    very nice.....lovely and very professional !
    Love the fan lighting.

sweet ! ...well done

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    awesome as normal mate!!

do you find you get loads of creases/bumps after you've done the fleecing etc? or is it just a case of get rid of as many as possible, and then use filler to smooth the rest?
    Regal Phase 3.5,VXR Turbo,VXR AFM,VXR Injectors,Courtenay FMIC,Dbilias Flowmaster,Regal Precat,Miltek exhaust,Lightened Flywheel,Uprated Clutch,Denso Plugs,Veccy Pipe,Eibachs,308mm Discs

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I dont get creases mate as i stretch the material as tight as it will posibbly go, as for the final finish it does get a little lumpy after resin and glass but theres a secret to sorting that out before the filler

Cheers for the comments so far, im yet to set it up propely but its rather loud at the moment lol

EDIT - ive just looked at the pics and i can see huge creases LMAO, this was one of the most akward shapes to stretch the material over. I can't usually allow any creases as i usually trim the work as oppozed to painting, The top fleece layer had no creases anyhow.
    Although if there were yes your right filler would just be applied where needed.
    WWW. FUTURESHOCKAUDIO .CO.UK
    Back in the Vauxhall fold - Astra Turbo & '82 Merc sadly missed, Two VX220's should keep me happy though