Thread: Griffin badge in steering wheel

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Griffin badge in steering wheel

After owning the car for just coming 2 years, (its an 03), the steering wheel griffin is now peeling, not knowing if it was just fading or what i ran my finger over it and the "Foil" stuff that is peeling has sliced my thumb, anyone else ever had this or a peeling badge?? do you think VX would replace on the grounds its cleary lethal lol..
    Astra G SXI, Tints, Remus centre, twin backbox, Autoclosure, Rainbow dash LED's, debadged. POWER!!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i've not had this happen (my astra's a 2001 Y) but i'd guess they'd put it down to general wear and tear, the only way to replace would to replace the steering wheel (expencive)
    Disclaimer: My views and opinions are exactly that. I do not encourage or condone the actions in posts.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    ouch, didnt realise it would be a whole new steering wheel, can you not just replace the "Airbag cover"? im more annoyed its cut my finger lol
    Astra G SXI, Tints, Remus centre, twin backbox, Autoclosure, Rainbow dash LED's, debadged. POWER!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    you will need a new Air bag

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    AHH gets expensive just for a badge think ill peel the foil off and paint it lol

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    just checked haynes manual you can replace the air bag part of the steering wheel undo the two screws on the back of the wheels after discharging the airbag capacitor (disconect battery and leave for 5minutes) before starting
    Disclaimer: My views and opinions are exactly that. I do not encourage or condone the actions in posts.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Cheers mate, is that the Whole air bag or just that top "Cover"??

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thats the air bag, horn push button, the T shaped part of the steering wheel, scrape the peeling foil off with a scalpel or stanly knife blade (what your fingers) then go to games workshop buy small paint brush and silver paint, easy

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    think it could look good painted lol, my horn is 2 buttons at the side of the wheel not in the middle?? its an 03 reg saph black SXI.. ill have a look at paint tommorow prob do a silver or something.
    cheers guys

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    as you look at the steering wheel the 2 screws at the back hold the T shaped part of the steering wheel, if i had pics i'd posted them, have you got a haynes manual? if so the bit on breaking sorry dismantling the steering wheel is 12-23. there are pics! maybe a metalic colour (red or blue?)?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast