Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Heavy thumping bass???

hey,

everyday i pull up next to cars with subs, and the bass is heavy and thumps outside the cars, and they only have single 12" sub woofers,

my 12" sub is really heavy and thumps in the car, but i cant hardly feel it outside

is there any way i should position it so it thumps outside the car??

how do i make it thump outside the car?
    Observe the masses and do the opposite

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It might not be set up properly

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Are the other cars saxo's or 106's? You shouldn't be able to hear it outside the car, unless you want to look like a chav?

If you want it to be loud outside, buy a car made of tin foil.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mine does the same mate. i have 2 12" subs that in the car thump like hell. but outside the car you can hardly hear them. but tbh im happy about that. its not fair to have other people listen to my crappy music

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    if you have a mk4 this could be because it has better sound deadening. i had a mk3 which you could hear the bass from well far away. same with my mates p reg clio. the boot must be heavily sound proofed because if you crank the music up then open the boot there is an amazing difference.

to be honest i would rather have the bass quiet from the outside because then i can listen to my music fairly loud at night and not worry about cops pulling me over for being anti social.
    "I have opinions of my own, strong opinions, but I don't always agree with them."

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As above. I have a single 12" Sub and thumps like hell inside. Sounds like the inside of a night club. but outside all you can here is a faint thump and a bit of a rattle from the parsel shelf (as it's not fixed properly). But thats the way it should be.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    should be in the ICE section

as for wanting to hear it outside, well I'm afraid to tell you that if you can't hear it outside then you've got it all completely set up right.

If you can hear other's bass from outside their cars then they either have it set up totally wrong and the sub isn't working as efficiently as it should be, or they're driving a car that to be perfectly honest isn't going to hold up very well in an accident as its made of paper.. Being a student I'm sure you'll understand things more if I tell you to think of it in terms of value for money why pay £100's if not £1000's on ICE if literally half the noise is wasted by being let out of the car? you may as well have spent half as much and fitted it twice as well.

next time you have a mate pull up in his/her clio/fiesta/saxo/nova with bass seeping out of every panel gap, sit tight safe in the knowledge that you are in a better equipped, more sturdy and reliable car, with a stereo thats operating as it should be....

...and that you're not terrifying the neighbours cat in the wee small hours with your shabba ranks greatest hits cd...
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    my old 180bhp punto turbo had a 1500w rms rockford fosgate system and when cranking it up a bit it would make the rear quarter pannels flex like **** they wernt jsut moving a bit they were flexing in and out about an inch looks realy bad
    Astra Coupe Turbo

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    stevenet15 - see my previous comment about cars made of paper

my punto was the same
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by peteg2004 View Post
    stevenet15 - see my previous comment about cars made of paper

my punto was the same
    yeah the metal was so thin on it no wonder it flexed, rapid little thing tho loads quicker then my coupe turbo miss it loads but had to get something more sensible hence the coupe t
    Astra Coupe Turbo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast