Thread: little help please

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

little help please

got a full ice set up at the min with jl front and back door speakers with additional tweeters running of one jl amp and 2 x 10" subs running of a jl mono block amp but want it a little louder, not messed about with any of the settings on the amp as its left as it was set but whats peoples thoughts on 6x9's? is it a big no or a yes, obv would keep system the same and go for some more jl but should i just try and tweak it up as im running the sound of a pioneer avix x1rbt?

also running a diesel battery but on standard altinator with the aircon so its a bit better then a normal altinator but would it be worth running a seperate battery in the spare wheel well or just get a yellow top and replace it with the car battery on now or will the diesel one be ok, i dont compete just like my music when im driving about to and from work and want best power and sound for my own use

cheers guys

6x9'd im looking at...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JL-AUDIO-VR690...em150172573074
    Astra Coupe Turbo
    Custom Stage 3.5 330bhp 340ft lb VXR Pop Bang Map with Ignition Cut Limiter

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Well depending on how much SPL your subs are putting out the 6x9 voice coils can get damaged when the subs force the cones of the 6x9s in a mannor that they wernt ment to move, so you get like a buzzing sound and distorsion if it still works. I say your best bet is to amp some high power tweeters to get the loudness.

What EQ are you running on the pioneer HU?
    If its superbass you wont have much high freq
    97' OMEGA GLS 2000 - 98' ASTRA 1.7TD low blow estate rolling coal

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    i dunno, i never no wot settings to use on the headunit, the eq is the rock, pop etc aint it? what should it be on
    Astra Coupe Turbo

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    6X9 a big no! Stick with what you got. When you say left as it was set, set by whom? If you mean how you got them out of the box well them obviously you need to set your gains properly.

Also when you say louder, in what regard, Bass? or out and out volume? BTW the 6x9 will not give you lounder volume per se.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by measorpaul View Post
    got a full ice set up at the min with jl front and back door speakers with additional tweeters running of one jl amp and 2 x 10" subs running of a jl mono block amp but want it a little louder, not messed about with any of the settings on the amp as its left as it was set but whats peoples thoughts on 6x9's? is it a big no or a yes, obv would keep system the same and go for some more jl but should i just try and tweak it up as im running the sound of a pioneer avix x1rbt?

also running a diesel battery but on standard altinator with the aircon so its a bit better then a normal altinator but would it be worth running a seperate battery in the spare wheel well or just get a yellow top and replace it with the car battery on now or will the diesel one be ok, i dont compete just like my music when im driving about to and from work and want best power and sound for my own use

cheers guys

6x9'd im looking at...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JL-AUDIO-VR690...em150172573074
    Get yourself some good components and rears like JL,polk,mission...ect and then amp them, A second battery is always a good thing, Make sure it's gel if your planning to use some inventive mounting positions or if it is an acid jobby make sure you run a breather pipe for it to vent

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    settings were changed by the ice place that installed the install and sold me the ice but hes closed now, already have descent tweeters and cant run another amp as its in my install and boots full, can i mess with the amp settings or can i make it sound worse
    Astra Coupe Turbo

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by measorpaul View Post
    settings were changed by the ice place that installed the install and sold me the ice but hes closed now, already have descent tweeters and cant run another amp as its in my install and boots full, can i mess with the amp settings or can i make it sound worse
    Can do just try and always mark on a piece of paper or some thing the original settings it it sounds worse just change it back