Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

exhaust help

hi i have a mk4 2.0 turbo (Z20LET)

i think my front pipe has gone,it goes from turbo to just past the cat just been to kwick fit(would not let them do it) and they said it would cost £623 to fix,i just rang my local vauxhall they want me to take it down so they can have a look etc. do you no how much i could be looking at paying? is the front pipe in 2 bits or one? ie down pipe.

thanks

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Do you mean the pipe that runs from the turbo unit to the cat?

If so it's one part but has 2 cat's...a pre-cat and a normal cat. Your best bet would be to get onto Courtenay and buy a complete down pipe woithout the pre-cat.

The reason it is so expensive is because of the 2 cats.

I think...quite happy to be proved wrong though
    Europa Blue Astra Coupe Turbo

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it depends if your cat and pre cat are 1 system or not if they are then they will both need replacing, i am about to get a new miltek exhaust fitted tomorrow so i will be selling my old system if you are interested drop me a pm
    2003 Convertible Turbo, Vectra c in take pipe, airbox mod, K&N filter,irredium plugs, Bailey Dump Valve with power pipe, Full Miltek Exhaust system, CS1. 240bhp 260 lb/ft

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yer the pipe that runs from the turbo unit to the cat,goin down vauxhall 2moz so thay can tell me if it is this part or not. so will see what thay say 2moz.
    thanks for the help so far

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason-B View Post
    hi i have a mk4 2.0 turbo (Z20LET)

i think my front pipe has gone,it goes from turbo to just past the cat just been to kwick fit(would not let them do it) and they said it would cost £623 to fix,i just rang my local vauxhall they want me to take it down so they can have a look etc. do you no how much i could be looking at paying? is the front pipe in 2 bits or one? ie down pipe.

thanks
    Is that the first cat if you have a younger z20let they started to make the precat separate from the main cat which should cost 180-200 for decat if it is an early z20let it's all one part ie both cats

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thought it was only the coupe has it in 1 peice as in pre cat down to main cat as mine is early let and that is split as got de cat pre cat
    courtney stage 3 zafira,Mitsubishi evo geek mapped to 389 and 470 lb of torque