Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Agree or dissagre with the Postal Strike?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Near Portsmouth....... Drives a Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Agree or dissagre with the Postal Strike?

With another thread getting taken over I thought I would start this one.

Do you agree with the postal strike?

I dont know 'why' they are striking so I cant comment. Maybe any postmen could tell us?
    The truth is always the truth even if you haven't realised it yet...

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No - but then they are one of the few remaining unions. I dont agree with the whole union thing so its not their fault i guess

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I disagree! its too disruptive too everyone! it shouldn't be allowed.
    I appreciate they have a cause and they need to fight it, but its damaging too other companies, especially small businesses etc, there must be another way!
    SXI Cheeky Bird!
    2003 1.6 16v Black!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As some of you may know, I'm in the army. I am not allowed to strike. But, even if i was, i wouldn't because i knew what the job entailed when i joined up. there was a war going on at the time.

The standard that soldiers have to put up with is diabolical. My room in the living accomodation is 6 feet by 12 feet. I can physically touch both side walls at the same time.

I was deepy saddened the other day to hear that, upon thier return from Afghanistan (a place i have 1st hand experience of), the Grenadier Guards homecoming parade was deserted by the public.

Bring back National Service and then people will really see what tough working conditions are
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    BAFPCITS
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I dont agree with it.. Working envirinments,hours and job cutting happens all the time.. They are not special..

Its the same with most companies funded by the good old tax payer tho, if they want more money or dont like the new type of toilet paper then they strike..

Plenty of people in the UK that need jobs, if they dont want to do what they are being paid for then **** em, give the job to someone who does..

Christ, they want more money yet the buggers cant deliver my letters to the correct house to save their lives. My VBOA tickets went to the wrong house FFS.. CLEARLY addressed to me.

Anyway, ill stop as you can see I think very little of the postal service.
    Mr Sploodge, Accept No Imitations!

Status
    BAFPCITS
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thats because we are a country of sad ****ers who have no thought for others..

Hell, a low life shit off big brother gets evicted and thousands flock to watch and cheer but people who are willing to lay down their lives pass by without a glance.. Very sad indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by gazTD View Post
    I was deepy saddened the other day to hear that, upon thier return from Afghanistan (a place i have 1st hand experience of), the Grenadier Guards homecoming parade was deserted by the public.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think alot of the public dont really know why we are at 'war' with these people. Hence the snub for want of a better word. I must admit i dont agree with why we are there, even for some of the reasons the government dont keep their promises so whats the point. With this in mind why would people go and welcome back troops who knowingly signed up to do what they do, when the people dont even agree with what they are doing anways

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazTD View Post
    Bring back National Service and then people will really see what tough working conditions are
    Very well put!

(Can i just say that i think being in the army at any time, but especially at the moment is one of the bravest things you can do!
    If i had a hat on i'd take if off to you!)
    Much respect!
    SXI Cheeky Bird!
    2003 1.6 16v Black!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sploodge View Post
    I dont agree with it.. Working envirinments,hours and job cutting happens all the time.. They are not special..

Its the same with most companies funded by the good old tax payer tho, if they want more money or dont like the new type of toilet paper then they strike..

Plenty of people in the UK that need jobs, if they dont want to do what they are being paid for then **** em, give the job to someone who does..

Christ, they want more money yet the buggers cant deliver my letters to the correct house to save their lives. My VBOA tickets went to the wrong house FFS.. CLEARLY addressed to me.

Anyway, ill stop as you can see I think very little of the postal service.

I agree with most of this Andy, but by giving the job to someone else, you are only technically making matters worse by making some out of work and invariably on the benefit system. Perpetual cycle i think they call it

Status
    BAFPCITS
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I disagree..

Its nothing to do with agreeing or not with the war.. Its about showing respect for the people who give us the freedom that we have today.

As we have in the past, we may need these men and women one day to fight to protect the things we take for granted. Its unfair to pick and choose when to show them respect and gratitude based on what fight they are in.

Quote Originally Posted by LordNikon View Post
    I think alot of the public dont really know why we are at 'war' with these people. Hence the snub for want of a better word. I must admit i dont agree with why we are there, even for some of the reasons the government dont keep their promises so whats the point. With this in mind why would people go and welcome back troops who knowingly signed up to do what they do, when the people dont even agree with what they are doing anways

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast