Thread: Mk5 1.9CDTI Sri 3 Door SportsHatch 150

Status
    User
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mk5 1.9CDTI Sri 3 Door SportsHatch 150

I'm seriously looking at one of these, an 07 plate. Finances will be tight for
    a while if I do get it so I need to know how economical it is and owners' general thoughts and experiences of this car.

Anyone care to share? I've had a quick look on the forum but nothing shouts out "It's a great car!" but, nothing shouts out "ewww, no!"

At the moment, I've got the 1.6 Mk4 and i'm spending about £200/month in petrol. I need something that's going to cost me less ideally. I do drive a bit stupid sometimes, but driving in the 1.6 it just seems as though it revs/drinks too much for the speed it's doing.

So, any info people much appreciated! I'm going for a drive in it tomorrow and if things go well and people say good things, I'll be signing on the dotted line!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    my mrs has the 150 and she gets 45 to the gallon, she has a bit of a heavy foot and a tuning box
    What is cross posting? Is it when you get angry and post it on a forum?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    They're a great car, and i'm even considering one after the GSI.
    My mates got one, and i often drive it, and i love it! Took it up to Edinburgh the other night. I was driving, 5 of us in it, still pulling like a lord. Sport buton on obviously. Came back at well over a ton most of the way, and after the 200 mile round trip, the average MPG was 44 or something. I think after the same trip at the same speed, my GSI would be on about 27-30 MPG.
    I'd recommend one anyhoo!
    Mk5 Astra 888 CDTI No.58
    "you can’t help but drive the 888 Astra hard, everywhere, constantly" - Evo Magazine.