Thread: astra sport seats

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

astra sport seats

I was thinking of purchasing some recaro seats for my astra sports as my original seats have ripped somehow....the driver seat and the back seat, but if i were to take the old seats out, would this not affect the air bag system? and if so how would i be able to dodge this

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    i am having the same problem. i bought some seats for my car but was then told by vauxhall that it cannot be done because the airbag light wil never turn off. they wont fit the seats either as it apparently voids their insurance to carry out such work even if they are original vauxhall! if you do find a way please can you let me know and i will do the same for you? cheers

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hello, i changed my seats in my astra. as long as you leave the key OUT of the ignition you can unplug/change the airbags. just make sure the wires are pushed back in tightly and you wont have any probs.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by beanay View Post
    hello, i changed my seats in my astra. as long as you leave the key OUT of the ignition you can unplug/change the airbags. just make sure the wires are pushed back in tightly and you wont have any probs.
    it's really easy to do. took about 15 minutes to do the first seat but that's cos it took a while to work out that you had to slide the seat as there's only one bolt. after that took about 5. back seats were a nightmare though. trying to get the clips back in. patience is very important. lol.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by louise1982 View Post
    it's really easy to do. took about 15 minutes to do the first seat but that's cos it took a while to work out that you had to slide the seat as there's only one bolt. after that took about 5. back seats were a nightmare though. trying to get the clips back in. patience is very important. lol.
    I have a set of Recaro seats, but don't have the seat rack for my Astra. Does anyone know where to buy them? Thanks in advance.
    My Ride : Flame Red MK5 1.8 NA Z18XE 4AT