Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Death by dangerous driving question...

Status
    Yer...I'm nuts!!
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Follow untouchable On Twitter

Death by dangerous driving question...

Right, in March this year, a well known local teenager was driving his pug like an absolute idiot which resulted in this..

http://www.fleet-online.co.uk/news/2...s_die_in_crash

Ten minutes later and the kids from the school would have been let out

Anyway, the driver was in court over it yesterday, and do you know what he got????

(please also bear in mind that he was involved in car chase with the police about 3 weeks after the crash, so he obviously hadnt learnt his lesson)

5 year driving ban, has to retake his test at the end of it, and 30 months in a juvenile detention centre.

Thats it.

Surely he should have gone down for longer than that? As long as he behaves inside, he will be out in just over a year to carry on with his life.

Thoughts people?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ive not clicked the link but I heard it on the news the other nite and i was furious...

What more can I say apart from our judicial system really sucks when something like this happens.

I really feel for the families of those sadly past - bad enough losing loved ones like this only to be insulted with such a ridiculous sentence like the one passed.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Ok rant ahead (oh and what Sten said too^^)

My ex had a 'friend' and he caused death by dangerous driving. Did a stupid overtake and killed a father of two.

Because of his previous driving convictions he got 4 years and all she could moan about was how bad it was for her 'friend'.

Still makes my piss boil - what about the father -of-two he killed and the wee kids left without a daddy because of some stipud ****

The guy in this article should have got banned from driving for life and sent to prison for at least one life sentence for each person who died as a result of his actions.

I>< Silver Coupe ><I

Status
    HID + LED Guru
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    /\/\/\ Agreed /\/\/\

You can't put a price on life nor can you put a jail sentence but in a justified case of life for life then he should do a life sentence for each person.

then after than not allowed to drive again, harsh as it may sound its what it take to filter out all the nonsense on the roads.

Steve
    Astra VXD
    rburgring - 10:55

Scottish Region

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A friend of my sisters could also be facing this after she hydroplaned on a sharp corner rolling the car and resulting in the death of 2.
    I'm like a bad penny, old, dirty, and appears when not wanted.
    Guess who's writing a victorian fantasy book. #JamesPurcell #The Diaries of James Purcell

Status
    Yer...I'm nuts!!
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Follow untouchable On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by AJB2K3 View Post
    A friend of my sisters could also be facing this after she hydroplaned on a sharp corner rolling the car and resulting in the death of 2.
    If its an accident, then obviously people feel very differently. But when death is caused by someone being totally reckless whilst behind the wheel, then I agree, a life for a life.

I just really hope the parents of the two killed appeal against the sentence and get it increased considerably.

IIRC there were traces of cocaine and alcohol found in the drivers system when he was tested at the hospital.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    im a professional driver doing 2000 miles a week with my job covering south wales and the south west i hold every licence there is and the first thing they teach you is the results of your actions, ive seen thousands of accidents caused by danageours driving i got so fed up about it, i got a usb camera and my laptop and started recording my driving on 1 hour loops, the very first day i was in the middle lane of the M5 by taunton an X5 doing well over 100 came past in the outside lane talking on his phone didnt see the mirca pull out into the lane to overtake someone, stright into the mirca drove it over the central barrier onto the otherside of the motorway, he then in the process took out 6 others car, the X5 driver walked away 5 other people did not. i showed the police the video, one of the surrivors sore the video too went straight over to the guy knocked him clean out and didnt stop kicking him until the police 'STROLLED' over.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    He killed two people, and that's all he got?
    What the hell is wrong with the courts? He ended two peoples lives because of his driving. If i was that judge, i'd never let him drive again, ever, and he'd serve two life sentences Like everyones said for the people he's killed.
    Theres something wrong in this country.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had a work colleague who has recently had this charge hanging over his head.
    Left work due to illness and on the way home had a head on smash with a pensioner which resulted in his death.

Person involved wasnt speeding, nor were they talking on there phone, distracted or anything. It was a freak accident.
    He is a family man, well educated and well respected within the business.

The press hung him out to dry, which was really hard for him.

He got 6 points, £1000 fine and a suspended sentence iirc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast