Thread: Coupe gearbox problem

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Coupe gearbox problem

Hi, I am new to this forum and wondered if anyone could help me with my problem. I have a 2003 astra coupe turbo. I have difficulty putting it into gear, specialy when it is cold. Also the gearstick doesnt return to center when you take it out of gear, which makes it difficult to find 3rd sometimes. It is currently in the garage at the moment, they have said that it needs a new clutch and flywheel.

What could the problem be and is it a common one? The car is currently under a network q warranty but they are refusing to authorise the work.

Can anyone help???

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    my gsi was like this, i took it back to vauxhall and they lubricated the selector turret and all was well. i would take it back and let them do it under warranty. network q should cover this. if they refuse get onto customer services in luton and kick off big time. they will try and worm out of anything if they can. cant see what a clutch and flywheel will do to solve the lever not returning to where it should!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My old coupe turbo was the same, especially from cold the gears were a struggle. As if a freezing cold gearknob wasn't enough on a cold morning! I would definitely persue vauxhall if it's covered under warranty I don't see how they can dodge the work.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If it doesn't return to the centre when in neutral it is most likely an adjustment problem. Can't see how a dodgy clutch or flywheel would cause that.
    8 Astras in a row! Can Anyone Beat That?
    Star Silver Astra Sporthatch SRi XP 1.9 CDTi (150PS)
    A Vauxhall site about Vauxhalls.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    definitely a linkage adjustment problem. sorted out loads when I was a VX mechanic
    Be Happy

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy

The update so far:

Network Q have said that they couldnt see anything wrong with it, but the garage already had it in bits. I have spoke to network q how said they shouldnt have taken it apart in the first place and they should have assesed the problem first without taking it apart.

The garage now want to charge me £200 for taking it apart!!!! or £1100 for a new clutch and flywheel and thats a vauxhall main dealer.

Im not impressed.