Thread: coupe power figures

cturbo

coupe power figures

Hi guys,just wanted to say well done on a great site.

i just bought an astra coupe,the previos owner had some work done on the car,and i just wanted the opinions of sum of the resident experts...following is my dyno graph....... ........after reading the zlet site that most coupes make their power at between 5000-5500rpm,i'm a little concerned that my car is making tis power much earlier. the car is a full phase 3 car,using eds s.w,vxr turbo,fmic,etc.

Pls tell me according to the graph if my car is running like a phase 3 should.Thanks all

cturbo
    Hey guys, i didn't mention that i'm from south africa, hence the graph reading in kw, n n.m, not your usual bhp. Pls help, i'm sure there's a gr8 tuner who'll be able to let me know if my car is runnin fine,o if i should have it checked out. Help pls.

Status
    East Midlands RO
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    welcome to the site mate pics are a must though if you post in the chit chat bit get some up in there

im not to sure about the graph looks as if the power drops off quite fast after 4000 rpm (im new to all this graph stuff so i might be wrong )

does it feel like it gets to 4k then starts pulling back?

someone with stage 3 might tell me this is normal,

thats my 2pence worth
    Astra GSi Turbo
    dap-performance.co.uk
    Live in the East Midlands?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That is 244bhp and 328lb.ft.

I would expect the torque to hold on a bit longer to give more BHP. Looks like you are running out of puff. What turbo is on there? Looks more like a high torque phase2 with standard turbo to me.
    8 Astras in a row! Can Anyone Beat That?
    Star Silver Astra Sporthatch SRi XP 1.9 CDTi (150PS)
    A Vauxhall site about Vauxhalls.

cturbo
    Hey guys, so far i havn't had the car back on the dyno, rolling road. So i'm not sure just yet, i was told it was phase 3,turbo is the vxr unit, the s.w is eds phase 3.courtenay clutch,cooling mist w.inject,fmic,locally made exhaust n downpipe,spark plug.

cturbo
    Terribly sorry,was told the graph is wheel power not fly wheel power,fly wheel it makes 230kw,once again was told this.Also i'm sure there's lots of guys on here runnin similar mods,what kinda power are you guys making.sum graphs mite put me @ ease.thanx

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ah - then you are fine. Figures seem right for EDS stage3. losses are about 30-35bhp, giving you around 280bhp at the flywheel.

cturbo
    Thanx mikewarner....another question?Do coupes with stage 1,2 make their power at a different point in the rev range, maybe later compared to mine.i.ve found its pointless revving the car to more than 4500rpm,just seems pretty low,sure i can get mo power

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No - rev to around 6200. May feel slower, but that is down to the torque dropping off. In fact you will be going faster at higher revs.

stage 1 and 2 make power lower down as the turbo can't maintain pressure.

cturbo
    Thanx alot mike, all your help is very much appreciated, within the next day o so my car will be goin in for its 90k km's service, and shortly after that i'll be puttin her back on the dyno, hopefully, she's still runnin as strong. Thanx again for the help