Thread: exhaust clamp

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

exhaust clamp

does any one where i would be able to get an exhaust clamp for the flange fitting on back box i tried halfords and they didnt have one (

and vauxhall is shut

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If its flange fitting then you dont need a clamp - only the 2xbolts and 2xsprings and gasket but more often than not u can re-use your old ones.

If its a sleeve fitting then a U-clamp can be had from any motor factors. Actually I got one from Halfords the other week and it was only 99p so may be worth calling back and speaking to the parts desk or at least ask.

Local motor factors may not always have them in though as they tend to order them in when they order the exhaust etc... if ur totally stuck pop into any garage or exhaust fitting place and they'll sell u the clamp (at an extortionate price no doubt)

Just make sure u measure the diamater of the widest pipe (ie the one that slips over the other) and make sure the clamp u buy matches that. Another tip I recommend is put a generous amount of fire gum on the parts before assembly and tighten up with the clamp.

If ur in no real hurry then a local motor factors can order one monday mornin for same day delivery - usually thats how they operate.

HTH

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for the replie i have fitting my exhaust it was the two bolts and springs i could reuse the springs but the bolts are dead.

btw OMG its LOUD also pop when changing gear

brandon mitchel
    What for? You can use an A & B exhaust clamp. You can find it with this Part #W0133-1640014. But I think you can just use the bolts.