Thread: Before you got your astra...

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Before you got your astra...

... did you ever think you'd drive an Astra?

The reason I ask is because I hadn't even thought about buying one when I first decided I wanted a new car. It wasn't until I test drove one out of curiosity that I made the decision to get one. If someone had asked me 3 months ago if I'd be driving an Astra I probably would've replied "No".

I don't know if I'm being clear or not, but it doesn't strike me as the type of car you'd think "Wow, I have to have one of those" you know? At least not until you've driven one, in which case I fully understand why you'd have to have one (and why I got one!)

Maybe it's just the cold up here shrinking my brain and this is in actual fact the most pointless thread of all time
    Watch who's comin' at you! Why? Who's got the power?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I know what you mean, My first astra was a silver 3door hatch SXi on an 04 plate, saw it at the dealers and just thought "wow" it looked so sporty compared to all the other medium sized and "family" car's out there. I loved it for over 2 years
    Now i'm loving my coupe even more! lol
    I'm after another Coupe Turbo

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I hated the mk4's before I got one. Drove the 1.6 16v (had a Corsa 1.2 at the time) and although it felt fast, I didn;t like the driving position, couldn;t get comfy, the lights were crap and felt cheap inside. 2 months later I had my 2.2 SRi, and loved it.

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I had a 1.0 Corsa, and was planning on getting a 1.6 Sport (Corsa), until I found out a 1.8 16v Astra would be slightly cheaper to insure and much nicer to drive. Was a no-brainer really. Now got my coupe turbo and still loving it.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I dont own one anymore but before i had the Astra i had a 1.2 clio an i wasnt really keen on them tbh, i only liked the Mk4 GSi an even went lookin at them etc an gettin trade in price for the clio but it wasnt till about 9months later that i would say bye to the Clio an i wanted the GSi but they where still to expensive an i didnt like any other Astra's.
    The sales man introduced me to a 1.8 coupe nearly new one an at a good price an i was like erm no its just far to bland lookin so he then showed me a 2.2 SRi with the SRi T kit on it, was older an more expensive than the coupe but that was it, test drove it an it was mine 2 weeks later loved it from the day i got it to the day i had to get rid of it

I always seem to buy cars that i aint keen on but then end up liking them

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thought about getting an astra yeah

Never thought I Would have an 888 though
    888 Coupe - The original and best!
    For sale - 1x Kidney, Slightly abused by alcohol
    £45,000 or Part Ex for VXR8 Bathurst-S

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Was a Ford boy and there was no real comparison to the Z20LET for the money so i went on the hunt and bought a Coupe Turbo and now on my second

Great fun for the money
    Zaffy VXR on the beat

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I wouldnt have any other mk4 astra other than the mk4 GSi. So no, never really saw myself driving an astra.
    Former GSi owner, now own a plastic car with a vectra engine......

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    i worked for Vauxhall and spent most of my day driving Astra's and Vectra's. i always wanted a Vectra as i just like them, and when the time came, i had one, but then i wanted something with more power, i knew the Astra was a nice drive but i didn't want a hatch as my mate had one, so i got on the hunt for a Coupe, 7 weeks later mine was bought.
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegman View Post
    You know me so well and not even dinner, a movie and some flowers Tony. What sort of man do you think I am!!!!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, it's weird how you come to like them lol. I wouldn't say I hated them before, I was more just indifferent.

An astra just wouldn't enter my mind before but now I think I'm on the verge of being obsessed. My mates do slag me off for having a 'family' car - but I highly doubt a family would want a 3 door model as it has to be the most impractical 3 door I've ever owned. Not that I'm fussed, I'll never have to clamber in and out of the back.

Got big plans for it though, it's a car that I want to modify

Although check you lot with your coupes and 2.2s or Z20LETs or whatever, and I'm sitting here happy as larry with my 1.6 16v!
    Watch who's comin' at you! Why? Who's got the power?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast