Thread: Bluefin installed

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bluefin installed

Just to let you know that I've recently had the VXR remapped via Bluefin along with the usual Irridium plugs & ITG filter & the early results are fantastic! It has totally transformed the driveability aswell as providing extra power & torque, so well pleased with it Just saving for the milly now

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    are you getting the second gear problems like many of the Astra owners get? Don't know which to get with the new car but atm I want an IPF
    Be Happy

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nope, has been brilliant & gets better the more it learns! I don't know about the Astra's, but reckon that some of it might be down to installation problems. The IPF looks good but couldn't wait any longer!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Are you coming on Sunday?

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds great !

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Sounds good Flinty, I really think these plug and map yourself units are the way foward in tuning, just a shame that none are as yet ready for the Z20LET

I have also noticed that many users are having a few problems and are a little disatisfied, but as long as the problems are rectified in good order by the suppliers etc then fine. I sincerely hope that yours will not give you any jip! a few problems have to be expected with new systems/ tecnology I suppose.

Have you noticed any change to the MPG as of yet and I take it that you can recommend this wholeheartedly?

Also is it the Bluefin that does the free updates/stage upgrades?

Get your Zaf on the rollers and show us the figures

Cheers.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    they are good things used them on fords no probs at all i just wish BSR or BLUE FIN would Do a z20LET one i will call BSR again

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just a thought, couldn't you get your car to Thorneys & get him to bespoke a map & then down-load it on to the Bluefin? Surely the dianostic ports are the same? When installing Bluefin, the unit reads the map already on the ECU, this map is then stored either @ Superchips or Thorneys so then if in the event of it going t1ts-up you've still got the original settings & your bespoke map. Can't see any reason why it can't be done. Would be good for you Monty as you live so far away, although it would mean a trip to Milton Keynes! Give John a call & ask the question.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    [quote=montyfox;1139314]Sounds good Flinty, I really think these plug and map yourself units are the way foward in tuning, just a shame that none are as yet ready for the Z20LET

I have also noticed that many users are having a few problems and are a little disatisfied, but as long as the problems are rectified in good order by the suppliers etc then fine. I sincerely hope that yours will not give you any jip! a few problems have to be expected with new systems/ tecnology I suppose.

Have you noticed any change to the MPG as of yet and I take it that you can recommend this wholeheartedly?

Also is it the Bluefin that does the free updates/stage upgrades?

It is a little unfortunate that a few have had teething problems & to my knowledge it is only a few & most that I know of, have had it resolved. To be fair no two cars are the same & if installing a generic map (which the Bluefin is) then you will encounter problems, this is inevitable! This is where your tuner comes in! You can either e-mail them & they will send out a different file or as I said previously, you can go to Thorneys, have your car RR & then have your bespoke map uploaded onto the Bluefin.

From a personal point of view, mine has been great, but then I have every confidence in Thorney to resolve any issues that I might have (or not )

Fuel consumption is slighty down at the moment, due to engaging the sport button But having covered 2.5k since installation, I can honestly say that if you get the chance, give it a whirl! Hopefully it won't be to much longer before someone develops it for the LET

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    nice one mate, we dont own a zaffy but our astra VXR has been running stage 3 via blufin now for since April and our corsa VXR for the past 3000 miles and neither have suffered with any issues to date, my wife found the installation very easy to carry out and was really impressed withe the gains, mind you she also went for a hand made ITG filter, issues encountered have been with the lower gears being not as aggressive as the standard VXR throttle map but only really encountered with stage 1 software (feels a bit flat) but easily fixed with a more aggressive uprated map, some like the smoother lower down power delivery and some prefer the all or nothing spin your rubber away oe stylie.
    USSRonline......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast