Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Unhappy Question relating to Samsung SGH U-600 Phone on o2

Hi,

After years of Nokias, I opted for the above in June when my free upgrade was due.

However, over the last few weeks, whenm texting, the phone 'freezes' then resets itself. It continues to do this when texting or accessing my Messages inbox until I remove and then re-insert the SIM and battery.

My mate has a similar problem, but the problem on his goes away after the phone re-sets.

I dont want to keep taking the Sim and battery out, as it cant be good for it and I lost numbers the last time. I'm also loathe to take it to o2 as they will want to send it away to 'inspect' it, and try and say that the small scuffs on the casing have caused it (they havent). I have spare phone to use, but I'd rather keep this one as it has the facility to block texts from certain numbers which I want to keep(dont ask!) and my spare phone (motorola Pebl) doesnt have.

Does anyone else have a similar problem and know of a way to fix it?

An help appreciated
    I>< Silver Coupe ><I

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Add cornholio on Facebook
    I work at Orange (unfortunately) and this has happened to a few U600's. It's down to the software on the handset.
    You could try and find if samsung have an online updating service, failing that, if you dont want O2 to deal with it, call Samsung direct as you have your 12 months warrenty.
    Astra MkIV 1.6 8v (Z16SE) 2001

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    as above a carphone warehouse store should be able 2 deal with it for you. As its a software problem and you r still covered by manufacturer warranty carphone warehouse will do any warranty repairs free of charge. as its a software update they may be able 2 do it while you wait or they may keep it for a day or so
    51 plate Astra SXI 1.6 16V. Prestige Blue!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    In mine (and my sisters due to experience) most phone ATM arn't worth it because they are so sophisticated and the software so badly written that trey make windows 98/ME look likethe most stable operating software ever made.
    I haven't used the latest nokia's but IMHO SE phone are the most reliable software wise.

Yes she had 3 samsungs of which 1 was repaired 3 times the others replaced twice!
    I'm like a bad penny, old, dirty, and appears when not wanted.
    Guess who's writing a victorian fantasy book. #JamesPurcell #The Diaries of James Purcell

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    agree with AJB2K3, but Nokia's are also very good as long as its not an N series. to be honest O2 customer sercice wise is very good from what experience I have with them. If you call them a few times they should be willing to replace your phone for you if you got it direct from them.

I remember when my dad had an N78 from them it kept going wrong and O2 replaced it 3 times with a new N78 and when even that failed they replaced it with a K800i
    51 plate Astra SXI 1.6 16V. Prestige Blue!