Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know of any imported 2.2DTi mk4's?

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter

Does anyone know of any imported 2.2DTi mk4's?

As per title folks - I'm looking out for a new car for the missus, she wants rid of her Clio, so I'm looking into mk4's on her behalf as she's getting into them a bit more (which I think is dangerous as it means there's more chance of her wanting to tag along to meets & shows )

now she's currently driving an 80bhp 1.5DCi Clio, and she needs to keep with a diesel due to the mileage she does, and she doesn't want to just go for a 2.0DTi (100bhp) as with the extra weight of the larger car it won't be any faster at all really. Well I was looking round some of the european forums the other day and came across a 2.2DTi SRi mk4. European only release unfortunately, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any that had been imported, as we're now considering this option depending on how much insurance would be affected/any mods needed (headlight alignment etc) and if its possible that they may have made a right hooker as all the one's I've seen are LHD

anybody know? cheers
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The never made a RHD due to the power steering i think, basically a design fault. Would be easier with a remapped 2.0 Dti
    .. 2.0 Dti 16v ..
    .. With a few mods ..

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I have only seen 2.2 in LHD also LHD coupe's when in italy

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    ah ok then. A remapped Y20DTH is out of the question really as she wants something completely standard from which to build up. The 2.2 seemed a good idea as its got more grunt than the 2.0 and according to one of the forums there's a bloke running silly bhp from his compared to whats possible on the Y20DTH not sure what he's done to it though, as its all in German and unfortunately I gave up German at GCSE level

Think I'll push her towards another clio then, they do a 100bhp version of the one she's already got, and still only £35 car tax. then she can see about getting that remapped amongst other things

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Tbh the DCi Renault engine will be lot better than either of the old DTi vauxhalls imo.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Trust me when I say the 2.0DTi is more than quick enough to lose your license. It'll get off the line quick enough to shame any chav-mobile, and on the motorway they're excellent. In fact, it's difficult to keep them from heading towards 3 figures.

Probably more torque from the DTi compared to the dCi - I've driven a dCi-80 and there's no power below the turbo, a quick burst of power then nothing again.

The 2.2DTi isn't as reliable either. The variable-vane turbo is crap, the balancer shafts suck the life out of the engine (doesn't rev as freely as the 2.0), and the extra weight doesn't do the Astra any favours as regards handling.
    2007 Metro Blue 5 door Mk5 Elite 1.7CDTI
    6th Vauxhall (4th Astra) in 10 years...plus a couple of other sheds...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sten View Post
    Tbh the DCi Renault engine will be lot better than either of the old DTi vauxhalls imo.
    Better as in faulty high pressure pumps, dropping valves, or turbos dying? Or is your better different to mine?

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    ok so who can recommend me a diesel car thats got a similar power to weight ratio to the 100bhp DCi clio, is insurance group 6/7 or below, and is going to tick all the boxes regarding handling/performance/spec etc. max budget of £4500. Doesn't really want anything older than a 52/03 plate, as she may as well stick with what she's got and modify the bejesus out of it

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I am totally sick of the Astra vs Skoda threads, but what about a TDI-engined Fabia? Not sure of the bhp figs though?
    I>< Silver Coupe ><I

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Why not another Clio? The late Clio II with the dCi-105 are a total flying machine, and pretty cheap to buy now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast