Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Help - Is my Astra Coupe an 888 edition

Hello - Newbie here

Ok, no laughing.... I bought my car 2 yrs ago, its a babe, gorgeous electric blue 02 reg and sssooo fast - never had a car I could spin the wheels in 3rd gear before, its got so much torke - I dont no much about Astra's & Ive found this web site/forum hoping and praying I can learn a bit

When I rang up to insure my new car - I gave them the reg and details and they told me it was an Astra Coupe 888 2.0 turbo, but I am not sure now because my car hasnt got the blue & black interior like the pictures I havee recently of the 888 edition???
    I have also seen adverts saying this is number 65 of the only 100 ever made etc -
    Can anyone help me please.

Sarah x

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Does your car look like this

You can also ring 888 on 01295768880 or 01295768881 and give them your VIN number to confirm what model number it is

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi and welcome. It's not unusual for some cars to appear with the wrong details on insurance databases. When I insured my standard coupe turbo the paperwork came back saying it was an 888. My guess is it's a standard turbo, no bad thing. The standard turbo coupe is equally as fast - exactly the same engine etc.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey Guys

Thank you for the info & help - and yes my car looks like that, but the alloy wheels are different & the lower part of the bumper looks slightly different also - Just curious really I now its the best car I have ever owned - it would be simply awsome if it was 4 wheel drive though

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Post up some pics Sarah so we can confirm what your car is - it should also say 'Astra Coupe T8' on the log book under the model description. Odd though if it doesn't have the Sparco seats . Other obvious changes were the blue alcantara steering wheel, blue centre console, the large boot spoiler and bodykit and some other detail '888' debossed parts such as the gearknob, pedals, handbrake lever etc.

Welcome to the site - you will find lots of help on here regarding your car, whichever model it is.

I also own a T8, which will probably look a bit different to yours

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Everytime i see that car i drool lol

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    we need pics of your actual car for insection hotpants

driver included if you like
    Ibiza FR CR TDI with 203 BHP

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok Guys - I think my cars maybe a normal Turbo but in the same colour Blue? She's got a cream leather interior and a normal rear spoiler, but has a dump valve (if thats how you spell it) sounds like a dream xx I have only just woken up because I have been on nights, going to try and locate a picture to post on here. I have a couple, but she's a bit dirty in the picture & yours all look so Clean & feel embarresed.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    More likely an Edition 100 if u ask me....

Should have BBS 17" multispoke alloys if still standard....the cream leather was also a trademark of this special centenary edition

There should be a placquard on the ashtray identifyin the build number of the Edition100

If your interior looks like this then its the Edition100

http://www.carpages.co.uk/vauxhall/v...y_17_03_03.asp

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi and welcome to the forum....

By the sounds of it I wold say you are likely top have a Astra Coupe Tutbo with the optional cream leather interior and boot spoiler if is not as per the Edition 100 picture below

Hey YOU See Oooour Reeegin Noooo ! Toss Yer Caber Here

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast