Thread: Vauxhall Parking Sensors

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking Vauxhall Parking Sensors

Hi, just wondering does anybody know how good these Vauxhall Number Plate Parking Sensor kits are, they are available for about £130 fitted which seemed ok as I dont trust myself to drill my bumper etc. But can;t find any good pics what the kits look like or any owners reviews. Cheers Guys.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I have them fitted on mine, which I did myself. They work great (before JAM says anything, I ignored the fact it was beeping) never had any issues with them.

You have to drill the bootlid to fit them, just go careful and remember to prime/paint the bare metal afterwards. They come with a rubber grommet. Just wire it up to your reverse light and put the buzzer somewhere. I extended my speaker using a single pair stripped out of a computer network cable as I wanted the buzzer in the front, the route around the roof mechanism was too long for the original wire.

My kit was cheap off ebay, you can get them for around £80, so £50 for fitting is a lot to pay for a little nervousness.

One of Monoliths pics which shows them fitted

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I got these ones from eBay for £23 and they are great http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/REAR-CAR-PARKI...QQcmdZViewItem

This is what they look like fitted, and not very visible until you get close up. The drill bit is really good quality and doesn't slip, even though I decided to put some masking tape on just in case.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers guys, I have opted for the drill option as I have doene some research and hopefully not too scary a job fitting!! £20 new from ebay - can't argue with that. Stevie1556 quick question, I have same as set as you but do I need to connect all four or can I just use two either side of number plate ( i have MK5 sri so number plate in bottom of bumper) or will it not work with 2 not connected? Just that bumper looks easier to drill lower down (still about 60cm from ground so okay for sensors to function properly) but its looks a bit tricky mounting them as high as your mk4. Cheers.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've got no idea on the mk 5 to be honest mate.

Personally I would connect up all 4 so you get the full coverage, otherwise they arn't worth fitting.

Just a word of warning though, mine are playing up at the moment