Thread: Digital Camera

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Digital Camera

im currently looking at getting a new digital camera but i anit got a clue about them, can anyone recommend any or give me some hints on what to look for?

cheers

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm a cannon man myself, can't really fault them. Fugi also make very good point and shoot cameras. Don't be fooled by some japanese makes you've never heard of claiming to offer hi megalixel cameras for low prices, it's all about the quality of the lense.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    Turbo Jizz Golfer !
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sten View Post
    I'm a cannon man myself, can't really fault them. Fugi also make very good point and shoot cameras. Don't be fooled by some japanese makes you've never heard of claiming to offer hi megalixel cameras for low prices, it's all about the quality of the lense.
    Spot the mistakes in the above post

Back on topic. I would recommend either Nikon or Canon (take note sten). Both companies have excellent Digital SLR and normal point and shoot cameras. People say the more pixels the better. True in a way that if you want to print out posters then yeh go for a high pixel camera. However, if you just want something for those fun days out, a 6MP camera would be more than enough. I could go on for ages, but Im sure someone else would add for information here soon

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Fuji are good make (especially the +£300 range)
    All mine and willburos photos are taken with fuji.
    Nikon are supposed to be really good make.
    And i see pentax are also making camera's
    I'm like a bad penny, old, dirty, and appears when not wanted.
    Guess who's writing a victorian fantasy book. #JamesPurcell #The Diaries of James Purcell

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Near Portsmouth....... Drives a Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have a look at www.pixmania.co.uk Thats where I will be getting mine from

Look at the 'Bridge camera' range as its the range between the simple point and click things you would first use but not the full on SLR cameras.

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/1660...criteresn.html
    The truth is always the truth even if you haven't realised it yet...

Status
    BAFPCITS
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cant go wrong with the Canon EOS or the Fuji FinePix range..

I use an EOS 400d and have a Finepix S9600.. The EOS if the best IMO but as with all cameras, its the whats in the photo you take that makes a picture not the camera ( although it helps ).
    Mr Sploodge, Accept No Imitations!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    +1 for the Fuji Finepix's. Some good compacts and the S5600 (now replaced with the 5700) and S6500 are awesome cameras for the price.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Fujifilm finepix S6500 fd is currently:
    £169 at currys
    £169 at Jessops
    £152 at dixons
    £149 at Pixmania

very good camera, a lot of camera for a little money imho, looking at getting it myself.

You can get lens extensions for it aswell making it have upto a 30x optical zoom

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    Spot the mistakes in the above post

Back on topic. I would recommend either Nikon or Canon (take note sten). Both companies have excellent Digital SLR and normal point and shoot cameras. People say the more pixels the better. True in a way that if you want to print out posters then yeh go for a high pixel camera. However, if you just want something for those fun days out, a 6MP camera would be more than enough. I could go on for ages, but Im sure someone else would add for information here soon
    In my defense, I was very very hungover when I typed that, maybe even still drunk. If it ever gets to the stage I mix up bought and brought, someone shoot me though.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think some of you are jumping the gun here. More info is needed really, a suggested budget? Do you want a point and shoot or a dslr?

Another vote for the Canon 400D, I bought one a couple of weeks ago, I didn't realise quite how expensive a hobby it will become though, I paid £360 for the camera and have already spent a couple of hundred more on a lense, bag and memory card, now I want another battery, some filters and a flash gun!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast