AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Bodyshop - Northants...??

Hi,
    Can someone help jog my memory?
    A while back on here someone mentioned a good Body Shop in Northamptonshire (possibly in Weedon..?), the thread was about someone who bought a brand new car and sent it there and they spent ages doing some mega detailing job on it, the thread had either links to or pictures of the whole job...the car looked immaculate!!

They also do restoration work (if I remember right...)

Does anyone know who I am on about please?
    Neill

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Im not sure in particular which thread you are on about.

But my car got visciously vandalised about 8 months ago in Northampton Town Centre and I went to a place on the Lodge Farm Industrial estate in Northampton.

Not only did they quote a brilliant price, but a brilliant job too. The paint finish is better than original, and they did a brilliant paint match where they had to blend it in. I always forget my car was ever vandalised.

I can give you more details and show you the damage and finished work if you want.
    323 BHP / 312 lbft.......

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dharding02 View Post
    I can give you more details and show you the damage and finished work if you want.
    Yeah, sounds great. I'm looking for somewhere trustworthy/proven who can spray up (and maybe even fit if i'm feeling lazy..) a bonnet extension and a new front bumper and match to my existing paint (Flame Red)
    Neill

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    oK. I will post up a few pictures for you. If you just literally want something sprayed up, that sounds quite easy and Im sure they could do it no problem.

The work I had done was a bit more hardcore, I had a big dent on the rear quarter panel of my 3 door, which cant exactly be replaced without cutting away the actual car, so they reworked the metal, smoothed it off filled it and did an immaculate paint job. I also had a rear bnumper re-sprayed. I was well impressed.

Ill put some pictures up in a minute.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry for the MASSIVE pictures. But at least it helps you see how the work was done clearly...

This is the damage Before

because it was right on the crease line and by the bottom of the window too, quite a few companies refused to do it as they said it couldnt be done right....

But..this is After, honest to god, there is actually no way you could ever tell it was damaged.....

these pictures of my car are all quite old, but a year on, like i said, I forget it was ever damaged. Its not like the paint has started falling off or something

Oh also, part of the damage was my wqing mirror got smashed off, so i bought one off ebay and the place even sprayed the backing plate with some of the paint that was left over, for free !! and you get a 1yr guarantee on all work, really was a good place.

The Place was.....

Called Norbrook Motors

You'll find everything you need here http://www.norbrookmotors.co.uk/

To repair my damaged dent, respray pretty mcuh the whole right side of the car and the rear bumper was about £730 in the end. Most companies were xharging well over a grand and kept saying.....Oooh It'll never look the same again, etc.

And they took the car on a monday, and I had it back by Thursday

I say they are worth a call.