Thread: SXi Lowering Kits.

djkp

SXi Lowering Kits.

Right, ive just got rid of some Coilovers on my SXi because the ride was way too hard. So, I tried to get the standard stuff back on but was quoted £340 just for the parts !!!

So does anyone know of any good lowering kits for the SXi a 3 door on a 2002 plate, where the ride isnt much harder than the standard stuff, any ideas welcome

Cheers lads!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    koni fsd's are comfy shocks with an eibach pro kit 30mm drop should be comfy enough

djkp
    Another question. Because my car is the SXi, which is the same suspension as the SRi, they have an extra 20mm drop to other models. So they use a plastic drop link as apposed to the metal on the others.

Most sites say that the suspension kits fit Astra G 1.4, 1.6, 1.6i etc, does that mean they will still fit my SXi, as an SXi 1.6 has different suspension to a 1.6 LS etc.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    All MK4's use plastic ARB drop link's, they don't have metal one's fitted as standard.

Quote Originally Posted by djkp View Post
    Another question. Because my car is the SXi, which is the same suspension as the SRi, they have an extra 20mm drop to other models. So they use a plastic drop link as apposed to the metal on the others.

Most sites say that the suspension kits fit Astra G 1.4, 1.6, 1.6i etc, does that mean they will still fit my SXi, as an SXi 1.6 has different suspension to a 1.6 LS etc.
    Astra SRi Turbo
    281|317

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    All Mk4's have plastic drop links as stanard, and suspension kits go by engine size (weight) not trim level, so it it says it willl fit a 1.6 it will fit yours.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by djkp View Post
    It's not done on what model it is, it's done on maximum weight front and back. this info can be found on the door sills.
    Basically this is split into 3 categories, based on what engine the car has (the rears are the same apart from estate, coupe, cab). I'll do the fronts for you;

Up to 845kgs : 1.2(very few about), 1.4, 1.6
    846kg - 935kg : 1.7 Diesels, 1.8
    936kg - 1035 : 2.0 (petrol and diesel), 2.0T, 2.2

This is a rough guide and is not guaranteed as the definate engine/weights. Like i said, have a look on the plate in your drivers door sill. The 20mm that vaux recon the SXi/SRi's are lowered is more realistically 10mm
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've a 55/20 Weitec Ultra GT kit on mine. It's pretty good comfort-wise considering the front drop. Short sport shocks come part of the kit.
    2007 Metro Blue 5 door Mk5 Elite 1.7CDTI
    6th Vauxhall (4th Astra) in 10 years...plus a couple of other sheds...

djkp
    Cheers for your help guys. The reason I asked for the drop link info is becasue when I originally put the coilovers on, the plastic ones didnt fit, had to buy Vectra ones.

Then when I got some Astra struts from a breakers yard for what I thought was my car, the plastic ones didnt fit again, but the metal ones did. So im all confused now.