Thread: Next Mod??? Tell me??

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Next Mod??? Tell me??

Ok, Ive had me phase 1 since feb now and im thinking its time for some more changes. Now i DONT want a phase 2 yet. So is it worth getting the VXR AFM and Injectors and Turbo done? Im running 250bhp already on my phase 1 i reckon i could surpass 265bhp with these mods. What do u lot think?
    Regal Phase 1 + Intercooler
    270BHP 300ftlb And Nothing Else, All standard

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Great power from phase 1 currently!
    As far as I'm aware you'll need to tweak the map to be able to run the VXR AFM and to see full benifits from the VXR turbo again you'll need a remap. You'll deffinetly need to have the ecu adjusted / remapped to use the injectors otherwise you'll end up over fueling.
    An improved intercooler would probably be your best bet as the ecu does not have to be adjusted and as your running over 250bhp things are going to be getting very hot which could lead to all sorts of expensive nastyness without decent cooling.

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    No point in injectors at this stage as standard ones can cope with 250bhp fine, if your thinking of changing the turbo + VXR AFM + injectors, may as well just fit an intercooler and go for 3.5

Otherwise you'll be paying for a remap, AFM, and turbo just to gain an extra 10-20bhp.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    the LEH injectors no real point in fitting them mate
    as the car will over fue an will need to be turned down in the map just save the £50

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    your need a Cat back exhaust for the next mods unless you have one fitted
    my money would be on a cat back exhaust an a new intercooler

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As well as the above, might be worth fitting a 2.2 airbox, Vectra-C intake pipe, and Iridium spark plugs.
    Astra Coupe Turbo Project Log KW var2, BK299, Apexi, HID, Angel, Leather Cobra, Phoenix Gold, GT/R2, Fluted, DV26D, Pre/Sports/Catback, CarPC, B&M, VXR Turbo, Tarox-10, Phase 3! Car is for sale!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    VXR Turbo is a great mod and you do notice a difference on a stage 1 map. It definately spools up sooner and it holds onto the boost right to the red line.... With my old turbo it was backing off at 5000 to about 7psi, now I hold 12psi right to the end.

I probably can run more than that but not quite fitted my front tank yet need another day at it. So your mods should be a intercooler and turbo...
    Arden Astra GSI - Phase 3.5

EDS Phase 3.5 288 BHP 340 FT/LB

Inlet cam and Dbilas manifold.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wywywywy View Post
    As well as the above, might be worth fitting a 2.2 airbox, Vectra-C intake pipe, and Iridium spark plugs.
    Got the plugs when i had me phase 1 and done the veccy intake just before i had me remap, but what benefit does fitting the 2.2 airbox do then? aint heard of this one before?
    Regal Phase 1 + Intercooler
    270BHP 300ftlb And Nothing Else, All standard

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Burtdick View Post
    Got the plugs when i had me phase 1 and done the veccy intake just before i had me remap, but what benefit does fitting the 2.2 airbox do then? aint heard of this one before?
    I prefer the 1.9 airbox mod... But they both do the same thing! basically you remove the cross over pipe and make your intake shorter length because the inlet on the airbox is on the bottom right nearer the turbo. Rather like fitting a short ram induction kit, you reduce the intake length making it easier for the engine to breath without all the problems of a open air cone filter. Its suppose to help with heat soak and top end bhp......

But I wont be doing this until I get a 80mm AFM, no point in buying all the pipework twice....
    Arden Astra GSI - Phase 3.5

EDS Phase 3.5 288 BHP 340 FT/LB

Inlet cam and Dbilas manifold.