Thread: Remus or Milltek?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Remus or Milltek?

Looking at getting a cat back exhaust system and wondered what peoples opinions were. What have other people got and what do you think?!
    Europa Blue cabriolet turbo...now with VXR turbo, collins dump valve and a large number of Courtenay hoses

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I wouldn't get a Miltek , especially a 1.4 - stick with Remus

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    on the 1.4 stick with the Remus mate a lot cheaper

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So if I ordered a Remus centre section (with silencer) and a backbox to match it that should do me fine. Seems to end up at a similar price to the Milltek Courtenays do though for £375.

I've already got a Remus centre pipe (without silencer) and haven't been able to live with it so I thought the other one might be a bit quieter!
    Europa Blue cabriolet turbo...now with VXR turbo, collins dump valve and a large number of Courtenay hoses

Status
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The problem with Miltek's NA exhausts is that they are just the Turbo pipe with a step down reducer to make them fit the smaller bore NA cat section. On a small engine like your's it will most probably lose power.

Stick with one designed for the engine rather than one that's been made to fit.

Remus are excellent, and of superb quality. Give www.roadrunnermotorsport.co.uk a bell and see what they can hook you up with

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers Ffoeg. Just looked on the roadrunner website and it says they only do the front silencer for the 1.4 although I would have thought that any Remus backbox for the Astra would mate up to it as long as it was the same bore pipe.

Best bet is probably to give them a call tomorrow - and as luck would have it I'm in Nottingham this weekend as well!

Status
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Defo give them a bell, the website isn't always fully up to date, and they have great customer service. Even got a nice lady behind the counter

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Blame my stupidity - think I was reading the options list wrong! I can get front silencer (£123) with a single powersound backbox with twin 76mm pipes (£250) making a grand total of £373.

Am I right in saying that the powersound is an active exhaust (ie contains a valve that opens at high revs and keeps things reasonably quiet when you're not ragging the nuts off it - well as much as you can rag a 1.4!)

Status
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    IIRC it's not speed related - it's jusy a valve you so you can set/adjust the sound of the system to how you want it.

I'm sure Dannysport had one on his old Astra, he might be able to confirm

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That sounds exactly like the kind of thing I'm after. Don't want anything too loud just a nice free flowing exhaust that will work with the airbox modifications.

If I want loud the mrs has an FTO with a full 5Zigen system on it lol!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast