Thread: VX ECU maps

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

VX ECU maps

After reading another post about different ECU mappings on the Z20LET depending on the age of the car, I was wondering if this is the case with any of the other engines; particularly the 2.2?

I've got a 2001 2.2 and I think I vaguely remember something about it from an old old post, just can't find it anywhere now!

Can anyone confirm?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJCoupe View Post
    After reading another post about different ECU mappings on the Z20LET depending on the age of the car, I was wondering if this is the case with any of the other engines; particularly the 2.2?

I've got a 2001 2.2 and I think I vaguely remember something about it from an old old post, just can't find it anywhere now!

Can anyone confirm?
    Yes you are correct, turbo'd coupes had 190bhp as standard until the astra gsi came out and it had 200bhp, but there has been no increase on the 2.2bhp from VX does this answer you question

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma ??? View Post
    Yes you are correct, turbo'd coupes had 190bhp as standard until the astra gsi came out and it had 200bhp
    i think that has more to do with vauxhall publishing lower figures than they were for the earlier models (possilby to reduce insurance group?) but when the GSi was released a higher BHP sells so they published new figures,
    im sure ive read the ECU map is the same (well the maybe slight changes but nothing to increase power by 10bhp)
    Drives - 08 Astra SRi XP 1.9CDTi 150

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma ??? View Post
    Yes you are correct, turbo'd coupes had 190bhp as standard until the astra gsi came out and it had 200bhp, but there has been no increase on the 2.2bhp from VX does this answer you question
    Yes It does.

Thanks