Thread: Well, I finally have proof...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, I finally have proof...

that it's impossible to remain looking cool when your face is getting pulled off by positive G....

Click here if you cannot see the above video...

Unfortunately that is my last aeros lesson until I can afford to pay for them myself
    My car - Rusty Custom Creations Inc....

The only natural pilots are born with feathers.... except me.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    looks like fun now what you want to do is that on a 747 400 playing on flight sim with one

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    awesome mate, I'd love to have a go at flying! do you ever get scared in the air? or you used to it now?
    Regal Phase 3.5,VXR Turbo,VXR AFM,VXR Injectors,Courtenay FMIC,Dbilias Flowmaster,Regal Precat,Miltek exhaust,Lightened Flywheel,Uprated Clutch,Denso Plugs,Veccy Pipe,Eibachs,308mm Discs

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I could have sworn that little placque on the console says "Spin forbidden"
    From the Southeast? Find your next meet here

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence is limited.

At least I have chicken!

WellOilBeefHooked

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It does indeed, although there weren't actually any spins in that sequence...

That was a 4g loop with a flick roll through the crest, into a stall turn and then a flick roll and the video cuts out as it then flicks into inverted flight because the top of the camera hit the canopy and turned off

edit - infact, here is the second part after I hit it recording again:

Click here if you cannot see the above video...

but it actually says Spins Forbidden in Utility Category, which refers to the fact that the aircraft must be within a certain weight/CoG envelope, aptly called the aerobatic category which the aircraft must be within to perform certain manouvres (could only take about 90L of fuel without going over weight). You learn something new every day eh!

Jonesy - not really mate, I love it all! It does get a bit hairy sometimes when you're trying to land with a massive gusting crosswind, or when weather is closing you in and you get forced further and further down into a valley and you start eyeing up fields for a precautionary landing... all adds to the fun though!
    My car - Rusty Custom Creations Inc....

The only natural pilots are born with feathers.... except me.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nice going

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I feel sick just watching, looks like fun
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ah, I see! You shoulda said in the first place, makes perfect sense now!

Watching it again, I can clearly see it's a "4g loop with a flick roll through the crest, into a stall turn and then a flick roll" can't believe I got it confused.
    From the Southeast? Find your next meet here

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence is limited.

At least I have chicken!

WellOilBeefHooked

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    wow looks awesome.

one of my life time dreams is to be taken out in a two seater figher jet.

i get to work a lot with the eurofgher and its parts. i keep trying to get a free ride but its not worked yet

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    nice one! I started to learn to fly aged about 15 in a little 4 seater piper arrow when we lived in Egypt, two friends of my dad's (both qualified flying instuctors, a dutch guy and an English guy, who shared ownership of the plane) took turns giving me lessons, imagine your first lesson being over the pyramids at Giza! We used to hop off after Steve had finished work, and take a picnic, fly out from Cairo international and off to a tiny strip on sinai on the coast of the red sea, and have an early evening picnic on the beach, it was awesome.

From when I was very young because of my dad's job we travelled a lot and usually I'd get to go up to the cockpit (the enthusiasm started around age 4!), once the BA pilots let me sit in the cockpit for a landing at Heathrow, against the rules apparently so I had to keep quiet about it and wait until all the other passengers had left the plane before I could leave the cockpit so no one saw me come out!

On a trip to the USA when I was about 6 I part-rolled the 747, I had gone up into the cockpit and the captain just said to me (smiling) "just turn that knob there to the left" so I did, the plane started rolling to one side, I was panicing and quickly turned the knob back to the right again while the captain and copilot were almost wetting themselves laughing. They apologised to the passengers telling them they'd "just hit a patch of turbulence"!!!

Kirsty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast