Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Astra Van

Hi
    I have an Astra Van Envoy DTi with a 1.7DTi 16v Turbo Diesel engine Its a 2001 model

I changed the cam belt today and when I took the old 1 off it had Isuzu written on it ha I thought wrong belt fitted as I didn't think I had an Isuzu engine
    Then when I got my new belt out of the Bag which I had just brought from Vauxhall it too had Isuzu on it
    how on earth can you tell what engine you have ?

Also while I was changing the belt following the Haynes manual when I came to the bit about the belt tensioner mine was totally different to the 1 in the book ? I have the pins for the spring to fit on but no spring the tensioner I have on the engine you just loosen the bolt in the center lever it back and tighten it up then release the bolt once belt fitted - seems to work ok but is it a mod or a bodge ?

1 last thing
    I decided to change the fuel filter but how the hell do you get the quick release fuel pipes out of the filter head ?
    In the book it looks simple the picture shows 1 hand pressing the plastic catch down with a screw driver and the other hand pulling the pipes out
    well after 2 hours of trying the screw driver is 5 gardens down the street embedded in a tree and if I ever find the book again I'm going to rip the page out and burn it
    Best I can manage is pressing the catch down the pipe moves about 3 or 4 mm then stops solid and it will move back in and the catch clicks back into place but thats it I can't get the bloody thing out and its the same for both pipes
    Anyone know how to get them out ?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    IIRC, the Haynes manual has pictures at the front which show you exactly how to tell which engine you have.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The 1.7DTi is a actually an Isuzu 4EE2-TC. It only appears in Vauxhall/Opel Astra and Corsa.

The 3.0 V6CDTi in the Vectra/Signum is also an Isuzu engine, the 6DE1. It also appears in the Renault Vel Satis.
    2007 Metro Blue 5 door Mk5 Elite 1.7CDTI
    6th Vauxhall (4th Astra) in 10 years...plus a couple of other sheds...

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you dont need to take the diesel pipes off, just undo the bolt in the middle and the whole cap comes off