Thread: Urgent Help needed

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Urgent Help needed

Fitting rear eibach sportlines and has anyone got any tips for getting the std bump stops out of the std springs??

HELP
    Astra GSI 2003 | Arden Blue | Stainless Exhaust | Dump Valve | V-Tune Remap | Pre-cat removed!!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There are small black plastic round stopper things in the bump stops, dig those out with a screw driver, grease up the bump stop and it should come out of the spring. Then put the plastic bit back into the bump stop.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks mate i didnt notice it in there for about an hour!! lol i tried all sorts!!

Then noticed it and dug it out!!

So the back is now the 30mm drop sportlines well 10mm on the gsi, cant really notice much height diff tbh, but then again they need to settle
    Astra GSI 2003 | Arden Blue | Stainless Exhaust | Dump Valve | V-Tune Remap | Pre-cat removed!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oh crap don't tell me there are 2 bump stops hidden down the large top hat thing which sits inside the spring

I got 2 poly bump stops with my Koni adjustables and couldn't figure whether they were fronts or rears but they didn't fit the front and I could see any rear ones. If they were inside the tophat affair it's no wonder I'd didn't spot them.

If they are inside there I've still got them and might remove the springs to fit them this weekend.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.