Thread: Endless SRI Turbo problems

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Endless SRI Turbo problems

Well im affraid to say im not enjoying my time owning an SRI Turbo.

I buys it 3 weeks ago and the following day the wheels where near falling off. Endless amounts of wheel judder (later found out 3 wheels where not running true) After hard breaking you could hear a whine noise, sounded like the breaks where releasing. I took the car back to Newcastle for them to sort the jobs out on it but had to find my own way back to Liverpool as they never gave me a courtesy car or pay for my costs back home.

I picks the car up last week after having 3 new wheels fitted and now when the car is started and around 80 deg it bellows smoke out the exhaust. The smell of the fumes is unreal you cannot breathe.

I phones the garage up and tells them whats happening and they said they want the car back again, baring in mind ive already spend 280 quid on fuel and accomodation from the last 3 journeys!

They also tell me im not allowed to drive the car and if i do they will not repair it so i some how have to get a car 200 miles away from my home and pay for it out of my own pocket as they will not cover ANY costs.

Ive just had the AA out and he said its not oil its actually water, when you rev the car its p*ssing out of the exhaust.

All i can say is that Ashington cars and commercials are a complete bunch of t*ssers and dont deserve to be in business. I have just been told about 2 places where i can take the car to and have a looked at to try and pinpoint what the problem is so untill then god knows how much this could end up costing.

Anyone have some ideas what it could be? Am i best takig legal advice on the matter?

The car actually belonged to markyturbo on here who has told me hes never had any problems with the car. It annoys me so much that i've paid 6000 for a box of problems.

Thanks, Dave

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davy View Post
    Well im affraid to say im not enjoying my time owning an SRI Turbo.

I buys it 3 weeks ago and the following day the wheels where near falling off. Endless amounts of wheel judder (later found out 3 wheels where not running true) After hard breaking you could hear a whine noise, sounded like the breaks where releasing. I took the car back to Newcastle for them to sort the jobs out on it but had to find my own way back to Liverpool as they never gave me a courtesy car or pay for my costs back home.

I picks the car up last week after having 3 new wheels fitted and now when the car is started and around 80 deg it bellows smoke out the exhaust. The smell of the fumes is unreal you cannot breathe.

I phones the garage up and tells them whats happening and they said they want the car back again, baring in mind ive already spend 280 quid on fuel and accomodation from the last 3 journeys!

They also tell me im not allowed to drive the car and if i do they will not repair it so i some how have to get a car 200 miles away from my home and pay for it out of my own pocket as they will not cover ANY costs.

Ive just had the AA out and he said its not oil its actually water, when you rev the car its p*ssing out of the exhaust.

All i can say is that Ashington cars and commercials are a complete bunch of t*ssers and dont deserve to be in business. I have just been told about 2 places where i can take the car to and have a looked at to try and pinpoint what the problem is so untill then god knows how much this could end up costing.

Anyone have some ideas what it could be? Am i best takig legal advice on the matter?

The car actually belonged to markyturbo on here who has told me hes never had any problems with the car. It annoys me so much that i've paid 6000 for a box of problems.

Thanks, Dave
    sorry to ere that mate, it is usual for a car to blow water out the exhaust as water is a bi-product of burning fule but most people dont know that because its usuall in the form of steam, but that wouldnt cause the bad fumes. is the car loosing any water? if it is then it sounds like the head gasket has gone.

but i dont think its that, if the car only gives bad fumes out the exhaust wen it reaches 80 c then it sounds like the turbo has gone, if it was a engine problem then you would get the bad fumes/smock from cold. it sounds like when the exhaust is getting hot the oil in the exhaust is burning because the turbo seeals have gone.

and dont you get leagal advice with the AA, im with the RAC and i just call them and speeak to a leagal adviser which are very good, its usuall counted a s a call out tho but i think you get about 6 callouts per year.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Total bummer

Whats the milage?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The millage is 61k. The AA guy said its not oil as there is no traces of oil in the exhaust. When he reved the car you could see the water pissing out and there was large puddle underneath the car. My original thought was the turbo but the AA guy doesnt think so.

I havent actually noticed if it loosing water yet as i first noticed the smoke on monday and then again today.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Try PM'ing the vendor to see what he says about the situation.

If the car was bought from a trader then you would have a fair few rights but less so through a private sale unless its blatantly obvious that the vendor has not disclosed known major faults.

A thorough inspection by a reputable garage should be able to ascertain whether the faults were present at time of sale. this process would involve takingyour engine to pieces though and would be costly.

Then again maybe the seller did describe the car accurately at time of sale and you have jsut been unlucky.

At the end of the day I have learned that if you have a high performance car, be prepared to accept high performance problems

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have spoke to marky twice on the phone and he never had any problems with the car what so ever.

This has nothing to do with mark though as he traded it in at Vauxhalls and the garage i bought it from took it in from them. Everything is down to the garage as all problems should have been dealt with before the car was sold.

What i think ill do is take the car to get checked over and see how serious it is. If its something major then i will be back onto the garage and see trading standards.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    So it was a dealer, that gives you more rights.

2 ways to deal with this, ask them to sort the car, with or without reimbursment for costs incurred by you or get a refund.

Speak to trading standards giving them the full story of when purchased, whats gone wrong and when and ask them what your rights are. If they are unsure of what your rights are,ask them if you have reasonable grounds to reject the car due to the fact that it is of an unsatisfactory standard and not fit for intended purpose, i.e get you from A to B in a reliable manner.

Expalin that the car has already been back to the sellers to fix problems at great cost to your self. You do sometimes have to lead trading standards by the nose on occasion and perevere with them.

Forewarned is forearmed.

If TS say that you are witin your rights to a refund then ask for it politely. If they refuse, tell them that you have spoken to TS to apply the pressure a little. if they still say no then contact TYS again and ask them to intervene.

Some people will say don't be so hasty but I say get on with it, what ever you decide to do.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers for that bud, really helpful there I think ill give TS a call tomorrow and see what they can do for me.

The garage has said they would sort the car out, they have no problems with doing it. I'm not prepared to get the car recovered up there as it would cost a fortune and ive already paid 6k for the car and £280 on fuel and what ever else for the other problems.

Thanks again matey, ill give TS a ring asap.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davy View Post
    Cheers for that bud, really helpful there I think ill give TS a call tomorrow and see what they can do for me.

The garage has said they would sort the car out, they have no problems with doing it. I'm not prepared to get the car recovered up there as it would cost a fortune and ive already paid 6k for the car and £280 on fuel and what ever else for the other problems.

Thanks again matey, ill give TS a ring asap.
    It's fairly common for a warrenty offered with a car to be on a "return to base" basis. I would negotiate with them rather than calling them to$$ers here.
    Tell me what you've done, not what you're going to!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i should have sold you mine not nice to hear that mate hope you get things sorted bloody hate garages and there warrantys etc loads of hidden bits

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast