Thread: I can't decide!!!!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I can't decide!!!!

If I should keep my Astra and sell the Bora, Or sell the Astra and keep the Bora or Just get rid of both and start a fresh.

I genuinaly can not decide. I do really Like my Astra, but I havnt drove it in 3 months and have only done around 3-400 mile since christmas last year. But I still think with it's break away and a different aproach, It could still stand out at shows and be practical too.

The Bora is just to dam realiable and sensible for me, but could be what I need for The family, but I feel It could make me loose touch with the whole modifying scene that I had a passion for, and genuinally dont want to loose touch of it, but unless your active in it still, you seem to fizzle out from it.

Or just break away from the astra, drop the bora and start a fresh or take a full break away from it.

Its no were near a life changing decision or overley important, but need to come to something soon before I make the choice other wise I could end up regreting it.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    sell them both Brett. Start afresh with a different slant on things, what about a mk4 saloon/estate? something practical yet still something you can play with
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    Turbo Jizz Golfer !
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I really like your Astra and it would be a shame to let it go seeing how much work and money you have spent on the car to make it how it is now.

However, I reckon the family should come first here, so I reckon keep hold of the Bora or change it for something a little bigger and sell the Astra.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i guess you cant afford to keep both but to be honest i think id keep the astra and continue modding it from what ive seen you have got a realy nice car although a bit unlucky but just seems pointless to start again
    and boras are just damn boring to look at and i personaly dont think the wear the modded look to well

but it is your choice at the end of the day

why does everyone think when you have a family you have to buy a stupidly big car how many people do you see driving around in 106s with kids in the back if they can manage why cant an astra aslong as the boot isnt full of ice a push chair will fit in i can get a friends little lad in mine and the push chair still fits in with my 2.3cuft sub box

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm using a Bora at the minute and i love it lol ! 1.9 TDI ... its got so much torque and i love listening to the whistle of the turbo

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by autoSRI View Post
    why does everyone think when you have a family you have to buy a stupidly big car how many people do you see driving around in 106s with kids in the back if they can manage why cant an astra aslong as the boot isnt full of ice a push chair will fit in i can get a friends little lad in mine and the push chair still fits in with my 2.3cuft sub box
    fair enough people don't need a massive car (the people who drive 7 seaters and only have the one kid really annoy me!) just because they have a family, but I do disagree with your point a little. Do you have a kid or regularly care for one? I don't personally but am the eldest of 5 so have had kids in the family all my life (I'm 22 and the others are 18, 16, 9 & 2) two of my brothers (16 & 9) are Autistic and I am a registered respite carer for them, so I feel qualified to comment. Fitting in a friend's kid & pushchair is all very well on a one-off occasion, but its not just the kid itself and the chair that you need to bear in mind. You have to think about all the other things that you really didn't ought to leave behind when you go out... spare nappies, change of clothes (in case the baby/child is sick/makes a mess/wets itself etc), selection of things to keep the child occupied, emergency rations of food & drink... the list is endless.

Fair enough some people DO manage with a 106 and kids, but just try juggling bags of shopping, getting the kid out of the back of a small 3 door car, when its raining, and when the kids not cooperating one iota..

THe other thing to bear in mind is what do you do with the shopping when you have a kid in his/her seat in the back, the pushchair/other stuff in the boot, and the two parents up front..? If you say the remaining back seat, then obviously you've never had a kid in the car who will poke his/her nose into the shopping also try then adding in thsat you might like a little bit of ICE in the boot (as I am sure Brett would)... to me the sums on space don't quite add up..!

soz for the long post
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    brett why not sell both cars an buy a Astra 5 door mod that
    or do a Brett Zafira Gsi

Status
    Ex-Astra Owner
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I reckon you should get your astra featured, which it is good enough to do already

Then sell both and look for a Zaf Gsi, best of both worlds, you can still modify and alot of it can be transfered from your astra, plus you will have the performance that you have always wanted in the astra.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redhotpanther View Post
    I reckon you should get your astra featured, which it is good enough to do already

Then sell both and look for a Zaf Gsi, best of both worlds, you can still modify and alot of it can be transfered from your astra, plus you will have the performance that you have always wanted in the astra.
    thats what i did brett i have as much fun in the zaffy as i did in my Astra still get to pay for the Astra Doh Brother not paid me for it Yet

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    bugger that was alot of reading at this time of night lol

ive not got one of my own but regulaly used to have my mate little lad in the car maybe 3-4 times a week and the chair seemed to fit in the boot hardly taking up any space as it went virtualy flat so stuff cud be packed on top and she did bring bags of stuff one she used to carry with things like nappies ect and another which stayed in the car like you say food and clothes ect

but it has only ever been one little lad never more so can imagine that would get more difficult
    deffo agree with shopping on the back seat it would be everywhere befor you got out of the carpark lol

if i had one of my own i would loose my ice its just one of those things

its one of those each to there own things

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast