Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Dash Colour????

  
  1. #1
    Status
    Offline
    srisport's Avatar
    AOC Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    470
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question Dash Colour????

    Hi all,

    im after a colour match for the silver middle console of my vauxhall astra H,
    is it even possible to get a colour match for the middle console??
    and if so can anybody source a code for me please,
    if not i might have to find the closest match at my local halfords store

    thanx

    mike

  2. #2
    Status
    Offline
    halasz's Avatar
    AOC Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    143
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Your local garage will do it for you, dunno how much theyd charge, mine want a bomb.

    Try Pm'in Peteg2004 on here also think hes getting started up doing them.

  3. #3
    Status
    Offline
    PeteG's Avatar
    AOC Premium Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Location
    East Anglia
    Posts
    10,619
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    As Halasz says, I'm now doing interior/exterior plastic painting (centre consoles, interior panels, a/b pillar trims, external bump strips etc) so if you can get your paint code (its on a sticker in your driver's door-shut) then I can do it for you. I have got a little waiting list at the minute though so looking at a few weeks before I can get on to it, but can add you to the list if you like. If you're in a bit more of a hurry to get it done, and you feel brave, there's always the how-to though, just make sure you get your paint from somewhere other than halfords as the colour match isn't perfect to the exterior paints (although this may not be too much of an issue for interior parts)

    If you need any more info, just ask
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

    THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

    9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

  4. #4
    Status
    Offline
    srisport's Avatar
    AOC Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    470
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for the offer peteg2004 but im not a beginner when it comes to spraying!

    (its on a sticker in your driver's door-shut)
    doesnt this contain just the colour code for the body colour of the car, i am after the colour code for the silver console becasue i am going to modify the current one so i can fit a hands free kit and my fone so i will need to respray them!

    thanks to everyones help so far, much appreciated

    mike

  5. #5
    Status
    Offline
    jam's Avatar
    AOC Gold Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tamworth, Staffordshire
    Posts
    11,695
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    Vauxhall don't "colour code" their consoles IE they don't have an actual code. They usually have 1 or sometimes 2 different names for the same item. IE gunmetal console was actually silver/chrome not bloody gunmetal at all. I'm affraid it'll have to be done by eye.

    jam
    Its a jam thing

    Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?



  6. #6
    Status
    Offline
    ForZiE's Avatar
    It only takes a minute
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,394
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by peteg2004 View Post
    As Halasz says, I'm now doing interior/exterior plastic painting (centre consoles, interior panels, a/b pillar trims, external bump strips etc) so if you can get your paint code (its on a sticker in your driver's door-shut) then I can do it for you. I have got a little waiting list at the minute though so looking at a few weeks before I can get on to it, but can add you to the list if you like. If you're in a bit more of a hurry to get it done, and you feel brave, there's always the how-to though, just make sure you get your paint from somewhere other than halfords as the colour match isn't perfect to the exterior paints (although this may not be too much of an issue for interior parts)

    If you need any more info, just ask
    Nice mate... How much would you be willing to do the whole center concole astra tray n gear section for in hardon blue?! Also do you need us to supply or do you supply aswell?!
    Astra Mk4 GSi in Ardon BLUE
    "HAS IT GOT BOOST"

  7. #7
    Status
    Offline
    srisport's Avatar
    AOC Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    470
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by jam View Post
    Vauxhall don't "colour code" their consoles IE they don't have an actual code. They usually have 1 or sometimes 2 different names for the same item. IE gunmetal console was actually silver/chrome not bloody gunmetal at all. I'm affraid it'll have to be done by eye.

    jam

    o well
    had a feeling this would be the case but nevermind

    thanks anyway jam and everyone else for your help.

  8. #8
    Status
    Offline
    PeteG's Avatar
    AOC Premium Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Location
    East Anglia
    Posts
    10,619
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by ForZiE View Post
    Nice mate... How much would you be willing to do the whole center concole astra tray n gear section for in hardon blue?! Also do you need us to supply or do you supply aswell?!

    details are here mate:

    http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=115417
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

    THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

    9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Similar Threads

  1. Dash colour, how can you tell?
    By josh263uk in forum Interior
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 31-03-2010, 15:00
  2. dash colour
    By kev007 in forum Astra Discussion & Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-11-2007, 19:13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •