Thread: Help needed, wingmirrors keep getting stolen

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Help needed, wingmirrors keep getting stolen

This has happened to me 3 times now, the outer cover on m wingmirrors has just been stolen again. Has anyone got any ideas how to secure it on? Thought about glueing it on but not sure whether thats a good idea. Just can keep replacing it, they aint cheap to buy from vauxhall and then its the time needed for spraying etc. Dont understand what makes people think its ok to go and steal bits off cars.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What a strange thing to steal!!! How weird.... Your only option really is to secure them down with glue, it's not very often they need to come off is it? Or perhaps buy some new after market mirrors?
    Sam Fishlock
    Gentle Detail

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ive had mine on both sides done. on my off side they took the whole lot tho with cost me a bit

theres some ******s about!
    need a detailer in south yorkshire?
    http://www.reflectology.co.uk/

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what we do here is we ETCH the wing mirror with our plate number.
    in this case if somebody uses it and somebody sees the wingmirror number does not match his/her car plate number then it is pressumed stolen.

it could not prevent your mirror not to be stolen but in the end he will have second thoughts of stealing it. he/she might considering stealing it from another car instead of yours!

good luck!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by borner View Post
    This has happened to me 3 times now, the outer cover on m wingmirrors has just been stolen again. Has anyone got any ideas how to secure it on? Thought about glueing it on but not sure whether thats a good idea. Just can keep replacing it, they aint cheap to buy from vauxhall and then its the time needed for spraying etc. Dont understand what makes people think its ok to go and steal bits off cars.
    Never happened to me yet (touch wood)! Even if you glue them in, they can still be removed if they're determined enough, which may cause more damage. Has it happened in the same area of Hitchin each time?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Change the wing mirrors to Irmscher M3 type, nothing to steal then as they are a one piece unit. Expensive but a nice mod and certainly improve the look.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.