Before I get to the gist of this thread I ought to point out that the 'State isn't going anywhere until its a little more finished...
As anyone who has read my Car Mod diary (or the info in my garage) will know, the boss paid for my current car and as I am coming around to that time of year when its either time for a payrise & a bonus, or a payrise & a car (like he did last year), I have been thinking about what I should consider. Of course if I can't find anything suitable then the 'State stays as my daily driver and I put some of the money into something special for it
CRITERIA FOR "NEW" CAR..
* Most definately want it to be an Astra!
* Budget will most likely be £2000 - £2500 (although I could put in some of my own money as well, but where's the fun in that?!)
* Looking for something a little quicker than the 'State (although that won't be too hard, a skateboard would do!)
* Preferably after something newer than the 'State (1999 T Reg)
* Looking for something that will still be able to drive on a daily basis whilst modding it a bit at a time as I have done with the 'State (don't forget I will be trying to mod both at once as well!)
* Body style not an issue Coupe/Hatch/Cab/Estate all considered. There isn't the need for bigger load space like there was last year when I was given the 'State, as the boss now has a new van alongside his old one
I've found a couple of examples, will post when I can get the links to work