Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter

What Astra next?

Before I get to the gist of this thread I ought to point out that the 'State isn't going anywhere until its a little more finished...

As anyone who has read my Car Mod diary (or the info in my garage) will know, the boss paid for my current car and as I am coming around to that time of year when its either time for a payrise & a bonus, or a payrise & a car (like he did last year), I have been thinking about what I should consider. Of course if I can't find anything suitable then the 'State stays as my daily driver and I put some of the money into something special for it

CRITERIA FOR "NEW" CAR..

* Most definately want it to be an Astra!

* Budget will most likely be £2000 - £2500 (although I could put in some of my own money as well, but where's the fun in that?!)

* Looking for something a little quicker than the 'State (although that won't be too hard, a skateboard would do!)

* Preferably after something newer than the 'State (1999 T Reg)

* Looking for something that will still be able to drive on a daily basis whilst modding it a bit at a time as I have done with the 'State (don't forget I will be trying to mod both at once as well!)

* Body style not an issue Coupe/Hatch/Cab/Estate all considered. There isn't the need for bigger load space like there was last year when I was given the 'State, as the boss now has a new van alongside his old one

Any suggestions?

I've found a couple of examples, will post when I can get the links to work
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    Can't get link to work how I want so here's the info & a pic of the 1st car I found...

2000 W Reg Vauxhall Astra, 1.8i 16v SE1, 2 Doors, Manual, Coupe, Petrol, 90,000 miles, Silver, MOT-08-2008. ABS, Adjustable seats, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Computer, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Foglights, Head restraints, Folding rear seats, Immobiliser, Passenger airbag, Power assisted steering, Rear armrest, Remote locking, Rear headrests, Sports seats, Traction control, Colour coding - Body, Driver airbag, Leather upholstery, Sunblind, Anti theft system, Body kit, Central locking, Colour coding - Interior, Heated screen, Heated seats, Leather seats, Lumbar support, Metallic paintwork, Radio/Cassette, Sideskirts, Spoiler. Insurance Group:9 £2295

opinions on this one? someone's obviously modified it though which could be either a good thing if done right, or a bad thing if done badly...

more pics of it by the way...

Extra bonus points for anyone who can tell me what visible mods there are, and even more bonus points if the owner's known to someone on here or is perhaps a member themselves!

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Looks nice but i'm biast to coupes lol ... i had red leather in mine until i swapped it but yeh mate looks alrite at a good price too .

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    I really like the coupe's too, but I don't like the red leather that much! IF (and thats a big if) I ended up with it, I would take out the red leather and sell it on (seen them go for £400-£500!) and probably fit black leather... or just pick up cloth interior and get it retrimmed...

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Exactly what i did ... at first i liked it but then it grew off me and i swapped it for some black cloth and it looks better ( with mine being dark blue ) much more comfier too and you dont slide around in it either

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    that seems good for the cash mate, although it may need a change of wheels, other than that, its cool!

off topic: check your facebook plz mate
    Observe the masses and do the opposite

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Looks nice enough although being modded it could be a ragged mess - needs a good close look and test drive. Chapest I've seen a coupe for sale tbh.

And of course, it aint an SE1.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

the bumper (Rieger item) has been sprayed in a different shade of star silver than the rest of the car (there's 4 shades of star silver)

Rubbish left strew on the floor (particularly as the owner's trying to sell this) indicates that the car hasn't been kept tidy it's entire life. Also the rubbish appears to be a cigarette packet. Something that would put me off as the smell could be lingering. Check the rooflining, seats, floor carpets, mats (if any) for fag burns.

Obvious mods to the car would be a full Rieger Infintiy bodykit, Kamei Grille, 17" 5 spoke alloys, looks to be lowered by aroun 30mm, Centre console sprayed red, debadged bootlid and the rear seatbelt is twisted up and is really bugging me
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    cheers for that Gaz, i'm not going to go for that exact car as I'm now away at the minute and haven't had a chance to talk budget with the boss yet so no doubt it will have gone at that price unless its a complete dog and then I wouldn't want it anyway

I've seen a few mk4 coupe's about now and I definately think I'm going to go for one next, got a few plans already in store too, even though it could be months until I find the right car and end up getting it