Thread: Speedo

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Speedo

Ok, so im slowly driving down my road towards my house and my car suddenly cuts out. I wonder why it has done this and turn the ignition back on and carry on to my house. After having a bite to eat i get back in my car and drive away. Now 5 mins down the road i notice that my speedo isnt operating properly, it seems to be jumping up and down? Its still rising occording to how fast i drive but its jolting up and down.

The car still drives like normal so im wondering what this could be?
    Maybe a sensor?
    Anybody got any clues or had this happen to them? If so, what did they do to fix it and how much?

Also, does anyone know how to get to the light in your window switch? Is it even possible? I took the switch out of the grab handle but cant see any way of you gettin in there to change the light?
    Adam

Black 1.6 SXi Astra MK4

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    bump........
    Adam

Black 1.6 SXi Astra MK4

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Check the N/S hub connector for crud. Common problem.

As for the light switch, passenger or drivers side. Passenger side is a single LED easily replaced, drivers side is an surface mounted diode which can be tricky.

I have a few window switchs around as I convert them to different coloured LEDs, let me know if you need one.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had the exact same problem its the sensor on the left hand side i think its what Oddjob said. It should cost around £80-160 depends who you take it too