Thread: Scott D's 1.8 Coupe

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Scott D's 1.8 Coupe

I've had the car for almost 72 hrs now and love it other than it drinks a lot more petrol than my 1.2 Corsa. It does need a bit of work on the front bumper, offside splitter and a major service but all that was reflected in the price.

My Corsa

And the coupe

Spent a few hours taking off all the stickers, debadged, fitted my alpine head unit in place of a dvd player and changed the arial to a silver bee-sting.

Not planning on doing much to the exterior other than getting the front bumper sorted + irmy splitter or a gsi front, irmy rear extentions and either refurb the turbo alloys or a set of team dynamic pro race 1.2's in black.

Bit short on funds until next month but a small ish ICE install is next on the list.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The original back box had rusted badly and was being held on with 1 bracket so decided a stainless steel Scorpion back box and Remus straight through pipe.

Ended up selling the remus to a member on here, car I had before was loud and it did my head in when driving on the motorway.

Noticed that both rear tyres had buldges on the sidewalls so off they came and on went a set of 16s.

I wasn't happy with the ride on Koni lowering springs which the previous owner fitted, was a bit harsh and bouncy on some roads. Did a bit of research and went for tried & tested Eibach 30mm springs and koni FSD dampers.

Irmscher mats

Replaced the K&N filter with a BMC CDA enclosed kit, not as noisey but drives a lot better.

Not an ideal fit using standard pipes so replaced the intake to afm pipe with a 90degree samco.

Team Dynamic Pro Race 1.2's & Avon ZZ3 tyres.

Another of the exhaust

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quite a bit has been done since I last updated the thread, mainly the exterior which is almost finished, gone are the pro-race's in favour of recently refurbished coupe turbo's.

A spot of de-modding went on with the bonnet extension being sold to another AOC member and what was left of the front splitter removed.

I wanted a bit more noise from the exhaust but was in two minds whether or not to buy another Remus race pipe or have a custom centre section with a small silencer. In the end after searching on eBay found a direct fit cat-back system with an oval tailpipe and slightly larger bore being sold by Exhaust's UK.

Very impressed with the system! fit was perfect, car is more responsive and it sounds spot on - not loud at all when driving normally but foot down and you know it's there.

A nice big box arrived containing a part i'd been after for months to replace the scuffed and fit for scrap front bumper that was on.

A day after collecting from the bodyshop on it went along with rear bumper extensions

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Another update and another set of wheels

Veccy C Phase 2 Alloys

And the other Veccy C part

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Alpine H/U

Removed the rear griffin badge and replaced with an Irmscher "I" which covered up exposed holes perfectly.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've not been too busy with the car this year. Had a mindless yoof attack the front wing with a baseball bat for no reason which caused a fair bit of unwanted expense and then someone at work reversing into the rear bumper a few weeks after it came out of the bodyshop.

As it stands now with carbon effect mirror covers