Thread: Car part needed due to vandal, please help!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Car part needed due to vandal, please help!

Hello all

Looking for a little help here. I have an 06 Astra convertible and overnight, a lovely human being (yeah right) decided to practice his kicking skills on my left side mirror . Sadly, the body coloured cover has disappeared and I am unsure where to find another one. Any suggestions would be gratefully received!!

Thanks
    Rachel
    55 Astra Sports Hatch 1.9 CDTi 150 Design

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    this happened to me and i went to vauxhall and they said you cant buy them by them self, you have to buy the complete mirror, i dont know if vauxhall was right, but i just bought the mirror brand new off ebay for £30 instead of Vx £120 but that was on a MK4 and am guessing yours is a MK5, so you might be able to get it from VX

Status
    Going Topless!
    Drives
    Astra 1.8 Twintop, Lotus Carlton, Meriva VXR and Nova
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by munkie View Post
    this happened to me and i went to vauxhall and they said you cant buy them by them self, you have to buy the complete mirror, i dont know if vauxhall was right, but i just bought the mirror brand new off ebay for £30 instead of Vx £120 but that was on a MK4 and am guessing yours is a MK5, so you might be able to get it from VX
    You were lied to Munkie, the coloured part is available separately (it's primed)

Quote Originally Posted by rach25 View Post
    Looking for a little help here. I have an 06 Astra convertible and overnight, a lovely human being (yeah right) decided to practice his kicking skills on my left side mirror . Sadly, the body coloured cover has disappeared and I am unsure where to find another one. Any suggestions would be gratefully received!!
    If your convertible is a MK4 the part number you need to get it from Vauxhall is - 9142133. You'll then have to spray it the correct colour to match your car.

Or, visit a few scrap yards to see if they have one the same colour, you can just clip on.

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    robbing b******, am glad i didnt buy it form them now, i can live with paying £30 for a full new mirror from ebay

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks guys, been in touch with a few places via email to see if I can get them, thanks a lot for the part number Keif, big help when looking for the bit. Will post when I have a solution hehe. Cheers
    55 Astra Sports Hatch 1.9 CDTi 150 Design

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    try the vauxhall performance spares centre as well - 01255 670 670
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members