Thread: Earthing Radio system

StevenB

Earthing Radio system

Hey guys, does any one know how I can check that my stereo is earthed correctly? Reason I ask goes along with my other post with my bass speaker making a thumping sound when it turns on or changes settings. and now the radio sometimes keeps changing when i have it on CD to Radio just without any reason.
    Thanks!
    Steve

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    What headunit do you have? Do you have an adapter fitted for steering wheel controls?

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenB View Post
    and now the radio sometimes keeps changing when i have it on CD to Radio just without any reason.
    Thanks!
    Steve
    sounds simple but you haven't got your h/u settings so that "T/A" is turned on do you? whats actually on the radio when it changes? sorry if it sounds patronising but the most simplest thing is often whats wrong, it couldwell be that your h/u is changing to a traffic announcement

if its not, then obviously disregard what I've said, but would be silly not to check the bleedin' obvious
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

StevenB
    Quote Originally Posted by peteg2004 View Post
    sounds simple but you haven't got your h/u settings so that "T/A" is turned on do you? whats actually on the radio when it changes? sorry if it sounds patronising but the most simplest thing is often whats wrong, it couldwell be that your h/u is changing to a traffic announcement

if its not, then obviously disregard what I've said, but would be silly not to check the bleedin' obvious
    Hey unfortunately it just changes to a random station so sadly i dont think its that one pity tho that would have been brilliant if a fix was that easy

StevenB
    Quote Originally Posted by buckle247 View Post
    What headunit do you have? Do you have an adapter fitted for steering wheel controls?
    Its a Sony, not entirely sure of model but its a 6 disc cd shuttle with tape deck. it has its one adapter that was fitted to the side of the steer column.
    Any ideas?

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    just realised this is in mk1-3 forum but on my coupe the steering controls can cause strange things to happen. It used to switch the headunit from cd to radio when turning it off. My steering controls have a lead so they can be earthed, have yours? May be worth using the headunit with the steering control loom removed.

StevenB
    Ok Cool, I can definitely give that a try, will just have to try and work out how to take it off

StevenB
    Now the question being, how the hell do i get the controller off, oh well will just get the model number and try and find the manual online

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    It will be plugged into the back of the headunit, should look like a headphone socket.