Thread: 360/HD help

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

360/HD help

Ok, my new tv has just turned up: http://www.johnlewis.com/Audio+and+T...4/Product.aspx

I've got it fired up. The 360 is plugged in. An the moment I'm running it through the regular AV slots (red, yellow and white). I'd like to go HD with it. I thought the 360 came with the relevant cables for HD tv? Or am I going crazy. I've searched everywhere, but can't find the cables (I've had the 360 for a year and a half so they could be ANYWHERE!). Can I buy the correct cables from places like Game and Toys R' Us?

Cheers guys!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Yes you can go to somewhere like GAME and purchase the Component cable for around £20
    The 360 only came with the Scart lead as standard
    Astra Sri Turbo

CS4 276BHP/325lbft

LMF Vauxhall - 01858 433599

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Sorry couldnt edit my post for some reason
    Heres the link to the cable you want

http://www.game.co.uk/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=&mid=327030
    Astra Sri Turbo

CS4 276BHP/325lbft

LMF Vauxhall - 01858 433599

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Did you buy the 360 core pack rather than the premium version one then? The premium pack comes with an av cable that has both composite and component (red, green and blue - for HD signal) connectors on it, whereas I think the core pack only came with a composite cable and Scart adaptor?

That cable clokey posted will do the job if you've only got the core system

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattSxi View Post
    Did you buy the 360 core pack rather than the premium version one then? The premium pack comes with an av cable that has both composite and component (red, green and blue - for HD signal) connectors on it, whereas I think the core pack only came with a composite cable and Scart adaptor?

That cable clokey posted will do the job if you've only got the core system
    I have the premium pack. The cable I have has both component and composite. The reason I'm questioning this is because the tv has a 'HD' section at the back - none of the cables go in there though.....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Right, well you're probably looking at the tv's two HDMI ports. The 360 doesn't have an HDMI output (only the elite version has that) so you need to use the red, green and blue connectors on your cable for video input (use the same sound ones as now unless you have optical) and then make sure you've got the switch on the bit that plugs into the 360 set to the right option.

Your tv must have component input somewhere. If you can't find it, check the tv's manual. You're looking for three sockets - red, green and blue

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    also the mult plug on the cable from the 360 has a switch for hd or normal make sure that is in the right place.
    2 Door E350 CDI - OM642 power baby
    emJlZnIgdmYgZmJiYmIgeW5mZyBscm5l

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattSxi View Post
    Right, well you're probably looking at the tv's two HDMI ports. The 360 doesn't have an HDMI output (only the elite version has that) so you need to use the red, green and blue connectors on your cable for video input (use the same sound ones as now unless you have optical) and then make sure you've got the switch on the bit that plugs into the 360 set to the right option.

Your tv must have component input somewhere. If you can't find it, check the tv's manual. You're looking for three sockets - red, green and blue
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon-DTi View Post
    also the mult plug on the cable from the 360 has a switch for hd or normal make sure that is in the right place.
    Thanks guys. I've sorted it. All I can say is WOW! Amazing quality!

Ok, next question. I'll be using the tv upstairs in my bedroom (it's downstirs until my room is decorated), I'll be getting sky from the box downstairs (runs through all the aerial points in the house. Can anyone recommend good cable that will give the best picture quality?

Thanks!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well done for sorting it ! Now you can experience the full potential of your tv and the 360.

I looked at that exact telly at the weekend, I was helping my mum Telly Shop. John Lewis has a good selection don't they.

We went for a Sharp 1080p one in the end. I have been loving the PS3 action ever since
    323 BHP / 312 lbft.......

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offspring86 View Post
    Thanks guys. I've sorted it. All I can say is WOW! Amazing quality! Thanks!
    No prob, good stuff. One last thing in case you weren't sure on this, make sure your 360 is set to 720p in the options menu. 1080i may be a higher resolution but you'll barely be able to notice that and it's not as good for moving images as 720p.