AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    Astra SRI-T
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

FlameRedCorsa's MK4 Astra GSi

Hi, I thought I'd take advantage of the Modification Diary so here is the story of my Astra.

I started out with a 1.0L 12v Corsa which I was tastefully modifying, I had 17" wheels, lowered it on Spax coilovers, fitted V6 brakes and was going down the C20XE route when I got offered a price on the corsa as she stood. I knew I'd never make that kind of money on it so I purchased my Astra. Shortly after getting the astra the sale of the corsa fell through so she's being stripped and sold as standard .

Anyway enough of me babbling here are some pics!!!

My Corsa

Dealer Pics of my Astra

I drove all the way up to Leeds in my Corsa to test drive the astra, once I drove it I was in love and had to have it, so a deposit was left, and once I got home, I transferred my insurance and then the long wait until I could pick her up.

Once I got her home I took a few pics of her with her little sister

First mod was some smoked side repeaters courtesy of DIM_DG

Before

After

Some Pics of her on her own

Bug Killer

Then came the stereo, I was shocked that it had a tape player, I loved the cd changer but just couldn't be bothered to keep messing around with it so my Corsa was robbed of her stereo and into the Astra it went, along with an autoleads connector (no pics of this) so that I could maintain the steering wheel controls

Night time pic

I purchased a badgeless grill from Astra_Dan and finally managed to get some pics up. It looks awesome.

Before

During

After.

I have also fitted my subs and amp from the Corsa. I'm loving how big the bootspace is in comparason to the corsa.

Bootbuild in the Corsa

Power cable in engine bay and subs and amp in the Astra

All she needs now is a good clean the the mods can continue. Next on the list are some bonnet lifters and a Richbrook tax disc holder then a Milltek exhaust system, (just cat back for the moment as I can't afford the full Turbo back and sports cat system at the moment), Irmscher Bonnet Extension, slight window tints and refurb the wheels as they are slightly curbed. Nothing major but she needs to look perfect

Thanx for looking, hope you like her, i'll keep this post updated as and when I make any mods.

Cheers

Alex

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    Astra SRI-T
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking New bits

After owning the Astra for just over a month i've aquired a few parts for it.

Firstly I got some wind deflectors from cavwebmaster.

Not got these fitted yet as I haven't had the time, but pics will be up once they are fitted.

Also managed to get a sunglasses holder from ebay.

Finally got this through the other day, my Milltek Catback Exhaust.

More pics will be up as soon as I've got them.

Hope you like them

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    Astra SRI-T
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Update

Few new things to add now.

I got my Milltek catback Exhaust system fitted, and found out that I have a cracked manifold so after careful thought and deliberation I have decided that a VXR turbo is on the way.

Pics of new Exhaust (none of it being fitted thought)

Also found and won these black side repeators on ebay. Wasn't too sure what the quality would be like but they are really good.

Side Repeators

Also this month, I've managed to finally buy and fit my Richbrook Tax Disc Holder and my bonnet lifters.

TDH

Bonnet Lifters

Next step will be the VXR Turbo, its getting to be a MUST as the car sounds like a tractor until warm. So keep watching.

Cheers

Alex

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    Astra SRI-T
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Small Update

Car is booked in for my VXR Turbo at Courtenay on Tuesday and then at Vauxhall for a service, should be back to full strength soon!!!

For now I managed to get this, and am going to fibreglass it into place so I can get oil temperature and turbo boost gauges.

Also got this as I thought it will probabily be quite useful, its a cheapo one that someone got for me but will do the trick.

Next up is definately my VXR Turbo then service, then I think Sports Cat and Pre Cat, then bring on CS4!!!

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    Astra SRI-T
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Not updated in a while

I haven't updated in a while but wanted to do so before the new year. My last update left me going to Courtenay for my VXR Turbo, I managed to get there and get it sorted, no pics of the new turbo but when they took off my old manifold it wasn't just cracked it was split in two.

Then two days before Christmas, i performed another mod on the GSi, although not one I wanted to do. I managed to reverse into a stupidly parked car. Was my fault as it was in my blind spot and I didn't look enough obviously, but hopefully insurance will sort it out. Gutted

So this leaves me with, my auto closure thingy to fit, my turbo timer to fit and to get the rear bumper sorted. Not happy but accidents happen and no one was hurt/injuered/killed.

Will update again in the new year

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    Astra SRI-T
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Been a while since I posted, due to not having anything to post but big thanx to Slimbo1982 for his GSi rear bumper

I shall be purchasing some parking sensors as soon as possible and then this shall be fitted to make my astra look all clean and shiney and new again!

Then the modifying can commense!!! Cheers for looking!

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    Astra SRI-T
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Little update

I've been really lazy recently and haven't done much, got myself some eyebrows, just need to get them sprayed and fitted.

I think they make the car look that little bit meaner
    Without

With

And I also managed to wash the car, it was crying out to be washed so I had to Forgot how good it looks when its clean.

Few Pics

Cheers for looking, i'll update soon hopefully with some more stuff done!

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    Astra SRI-T
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking Finally managed to do some work

Finally managed to get some work done on the Astra. Was getting really fed up driving around with a big dent in the back.

I got this off of Slimbo1982 (Awesome Chap and his car looked immense) and it has just sat in my room until today.

Anyway pics:

Before:

Lights out:

Bumper off:

Luckily no damage to the car itself:

Damage to original bumper:

Car with no bumper:

New Bumper:

No Damage :

New Bumper on:

Previous damaged side:

All Sorted:

Job Done:

Thanx for looking. Next on the agenda, oil change and then to get the eyebrows fitted.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    Astra SRI-T
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Last update 18-03-2008. Wow a lot has happened since then. My son was born on the 28th March 2008. Since then everything changed, the car has taken a back seat. I've managed to get my oil changed and the car got serviced. I also had to replace the header tank as one of the pipes was leaking. But again all got sorted. I fitted the eyebrows but one has fallen off so the car is winking. (no pics as the car is filthy and is in desperate need of washing. Will post some exterior pics when she has been cleaned)

Roll on Christmas 2008. Santa got me a few pressies for the car:
    Alpine CDA-420i - IPod Link for my headunit

This has been stealthly fitted behind the glovebox although I have no pics of this

LMF Standard Armrest

and fitted:

And the missus got me these. Oil Temperature and Boost gauges.

I've only managed to fit the Boost Gauge and its only fitted temporarally as I'm going to fibreglass a gauge pod into the centre console when I eventually find 5 mins but here it is fitted at the moment.

Jan 2009:
    Being a daddy meant getting a childseat to fit in my car. Not an easy task. I looked online and saw a Recaro childseat which looked great and matched the interior nicely but a trip to halfords and one of the guys recommended this maxi cosi seat. It fitted much better into the car. I went with the missus to mothercare and got it a LOT cheaper. She picked the colour

Whilst at work I spotted a Citroen C2 GT with a really small aerial. I had a small aerial on my corsa but it turned gold after a while but this aerial had a rubber finish. So after a brief look on ebay I managed to find one.

Before:

During:

After (much better):

The aerial is 63mm.

Final update: After browsing the classified I noticed l0ad3d9 was selling his prototype boost pipe. After a few messages a deal was done and days later I had his boost pipe. I have a few ideas on what to do with it, but after browsing his diary I think I shall be upgrading to the full 63mm pipe work when I have the money. But for now:

Before:

After:

I'm not happy with how the pipe is sitting in the engine bay. I shall be spending a bit more time on straightening it up and the coolant pipe will be running underneath the boost pipe.

Coming up next:
    1. Car needs washing
    2. Rocker cover gasket is leaking so a new gasket and bolt set will be fitted
    3. 1.9 cdti Airbox and pipework set up

As always thanx for taking the time to read and for looking at the progress of my car.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    Astra SRI-T
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Small Update - pics to follow soon

I've left this a LONG time again Been really busy of late. My little boy has not long turned 1. All focus has been on him and not the car. Back to the car. She hit 80K Miles recently so a service was done. I got the rocker cover gasket done at the same time as it was leaking. I'm getting the cam belt, tensioners and water pump done on monday as I was not told of the opening times on a saturday at my local vauxhall garage and they didn't get enough time to finish the car today.

Whilst working on the car they told me I needed 3 new tyres and front brake discs and pads. I went onto camskill and found 4 falken 452s for £246 delivered, so thats not too bad and just won some brand new genuine vauxhall discs and pads off of ebay for £100.

I had a bit of bad luck with the car on my son's birthday. Getting some helium filled balloon's with the missus I managed to reverse into a bollard and crack the rear bumper. Luckily he wasn't in the car and even more so I've managed to source a new one. I have got some parking sensors which will be fitted to the bumper before its fitted to the car. THIRD TIME LUCKY.

I've managed to get a 2.2 Airbox so hopefully that should be here soon and then I can get rid of the cross over pipe. So as for the progress that I stated in my last update I can say happily that its all getting done

Unfortunately I'm now out of money for this month due to the car

Pics to be updated soon, thanx for reading.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast