News from Thurlby
Thurlby Motors Ltd, launch there own brand of high powered Diesel Vauxhalls under " Thurlby Sport"
Their first offering is their new "Thurlby T9".
Following on from the success of the Limited Edition Thurlby 888 CDTI 200bhp Diesel Sporthatch, Thurlby Sport have recently developed a limited number of Thulrby T9's.
As well as Sporthatches, these are also available in 5 door, and estate...
Richard Walsh :
" It is great to see the interest created by Thurlby Sport's launch of the Astra T9. After the success of the t8 we decided to create a brand of our own called Thurlby Sport. Our aim is to produce an exciting range of diesel performance cars and commercials from the Vauxhall range.
We will make sure that these cars have class leading performance handling and braking capabilities as demonstrated by the T8.
As you all know technology is moving at a very fast pace and it is only right that we make sure we are always one step ahead. Therefore each model we produce will always be an improved version of it's predecessor.
By selling these cars in such limited numbers, it will always help keep their residual values high, so the owner will also benefit when you come to sell your cars.
Don't criticise a dedicated team of professional enthusiasts commited to improve these cars. All the major motoring magazines have heaped loads of praise on the T8, on EVO's website it had the second biggest hit after Ferrari 599. So we are obviously doing something right."
The difference between the Thurlby T9 and the Astra Thurlby 888
- A higher performance front brake package, which consists of a 343 mil – two part fully floating disc and bell. Advantages of this are improved brake pedal feel and less sensitivity to brake pad knock off. Advantages of the larger disc are improved heat transfer and greater rotational grip.
- The car is fitted with a free flow exhaust system, which is aimed at improving throttle response and creating a unique diesel performance sound.
- Engine mapping has been refined to increase throttle response and make best use of the increased flow from the exhaust system.
- Suspension characteristics have been slightly refined to create a more compliant ride whilst still retaining excellent roll control.
- Wheels and tyres have been optimised to create a small increase in vehicle track, which in turn creates a more stable platform when cornering.
- MAGNEX FULL STAINLESS STEEL EX
- WITH HI/FLOW F/DOWN PIPE 65MM BORE
- ALCON EXTREME HI/PERFORMANCE BRAKE KIT
- 4 POT CALIPERS 343 MM CALIPERS AND FULLY FLOATING ALUMINIUM BELL
- THURLBY SPORT UPRATED DAMPERS AND LOWERED SPRING KIT
- 200 BHP WITH 460NM TORQUE
- COMPOMOTIVE 8 X 18 FULLY HEAT TREATED MOTOR SPORT WHEELS
- AVON ZZ3 HI/PERFORMANCE 235X40 ZR 18 TYRES
These seem to be modded one-owner cars...which is a bit disappointing in my opinion.
- TINTED GLASS
No doubt they could order and modify a new car with these options, but thats pushing up the price, and not in the same vein as the T888.