Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bought Koni FSD dampers and they don't fit.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Unhappy Bought Koni FSD dampers and they don't fit.

Thought I'd treat myself and invest in some Koni FSD's from LMF http://www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk/store/p...6&cat=0&page=1

They are suitable for - Convertible models: 1.6-16V, 1.8-16V, 2.0T, 2.2-16V, 2.2DTi

My car is an 05 plate Mk4 1.8-16V Convertible Exclusiv, although the Koni's are for 98-04 models, I assumed they would fit as there is never really any mention of 05 convertibles, all the parts seem to fall in the 98-04 bracket.

The rear ones look too long and not the correct type. Anyone know if Vauxhall changed the rear suspension on late coupe/convertibles?

Here's a few pics

Really don't know what to do now. Any ideas?

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That's defo not a MK4 rear shock

Edit: and VX didn't change the rear end on later cars - there'd be no point as they were effectively discontinued

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffoeg View Post
    That's defo not a MK4 rear shock
    That's what I thought, The Koni box has the correct part number on as ordered 2100-4033, which is why I'm confused.

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What are the fronts like?

The rears defo aren't Mk3, 4 or 5, it looks like they got put inthe wrong box at the factory

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    as said thats not from a MK3.MK4 or MK5 Astra give LMF a call an tell them steve is off till monday i am sure he will sort it out for you

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffoeg View Post
    What are the fronts like?
    At first glance they look OK to me. Although they don't have the bracket the brake pipes clip to.

Quote Originally Posted by dannysport18 View Post
    as said thats not from a MK3.MK4 or MK5 Astra give LMF a call an tell them steve is off till monday i am sure he will sort it out for you
    I will, it's just my luck, my GSI bumper had to go back to LMF as well, so I know they offer great after sales.

It's just going to be a nightmare finding a time when I can wait for a courier to pick them up.

Milzy
    Oh bugger mate Hope it all works out for you and get the right bits and bobs Cant offer any technical advice, just my well wishes lol

Look forward to the review once everythings fitted as I'm really interested in these!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Pecky,

GOOD luck in your problem but I'm sure LMF can work it out since they have excellent after sales service. What you bought is exactly what I want or at least one of my candidates...

Would you like to share the reasons why you choose Koni FSD among the many other brands...

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvermags View Post
    Would you like to share the reasons why you choose Koni FSD among the many other brands...
    I already had the lowering springs which I had bought over a year ago which I recently put on the car. So I was only really in the market for shocks. I feel that the ride after going over some bumps is still a little too bouncy.

As I use the car a lot I couldn't live with something too firm, these seem to be the best compromise between firm when you need it and softer when you don't.

I read a lot of the personal reviews accross loads of car forums and I haven't found a negative review yet, so I thought why not.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    pecky,

appreciate your feedbacks

not sure yet if I will get a set of shocks (like the one you got) or the coilovers but defenitely your comments are very informative.

tks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast