Thread: Parrot CK3100

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Parrot CK3100

I have just bought myself a parrot CK3100 and it looks like a cracking bit of kit. I know the parrot kits have been covered on here before, but....

I opened up the box and there seem to be loads of wires but thank fully it seems to be all ISO connections. Is just as simple case of unplugging the standard ISO connector out of the back of the Headunit and putting these wires in between?

Will this give me power and will it give me audio mute.
    There are a couple of other wires which I need to figure out what they are for.

White wire with crimp conection - label on it says MUTE IN 1
    Yellow wire with crimp connection - label on it says MUTE IN 2
    Blue wire with crimp connection - label on it says MUTE IN 3
    Thin brown wire - label on it says LINE '-'
    Thin green wire - label on it says LINE '+'
    There is also another yellow cable which comes out of the MUTE cable box thing which isn't clear what is for.

I can take pics of these if need be. But from what I hear and read, it should be quite easy to fit it... ive actually been told that its a "peice of p!ss!!!!"

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by d_ghedia View Post
    I have just bought myself a parrot CK3100 and it looks like a cracking bit of kit. I know the parrot kits have been covered on here before, but....

I opened up the box and there seem to be loads of wires but thank fully it seems to be all ISO connections. Is just as simple case of unplugging the standard ISO connector out of the back of the Headunit and putting these wires in between?

Will this give me power and will it give me audio mute.
    There are a couple of other wires which I need to figure out what they are for.

White wire with crimp conection - label on it says MUTE IN 1
    Yellow wire with crimp connection - label on it says MUTE IN 2
    Blue wire with crimp connection - label on it says MUTE IN 3
    Thin brown wire - label on it says LINE '-'
    Thin green wire - label on it says LINE '+'
    There is also another yellow cable which comes out of the MUTE cable box thing which isn't clear what is for.

I can take pics of these if need be. But from what I hear and read, it should be quite easy to fit it... ive actually been told that its a "peice of p!ss!!!!"
    Hi mate very simple just plug it in you may need to swap the the positive and ignition if it is around the wright way it will say goodbye when you remove the ignition key,oh and the spare yellow wire should be your mute out put to switch your head unit so it says mute

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Plug and play for all power connections and to mute the speakers in the car stereo.

If you have an amp running off an RCA then you'll need to connect one of the parrot mute cabes to the mute in wire of the stereo otherwise the RCA cable stays live when you take a call. If your stereo does not have a mute cable I know a way round it, but ask if you need to.

The other wires that say line + or - are for certain other types of car stereo that have a different phone connector (Audi TT or instance), but not for a Vauxhall.
    Tell me what you've done, not what you're going to!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I forgot to mention that I have the Philips CDR600 with the 4 disc changer if that helps.