Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hazard lights don't flash when lock car, and remote part of c/l up the shoot..

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter

hazard lights don't flash when lock car, and remote part of c/l up the shoot..

as title suggests ^^

Firstly my remote central locking packed up. Battery in fob is fine, I even had the terminals resoldered not long ago, so I know there's nothing simple gone wrong within the key itself. There's no LED flash/light up when you push the button on the key, and the central locking doesn't work off the remote, however works fine using key in drivers door.

secondly (and it could be related) the hazards always used to flash when you locked/unlocked the car, but now they don't... they work as hazard lights and as indicators, but just not when locking/unlocking the car

any ideas/suggestions?
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My suggestions may not help, but my central locking was playing up the other day. I messed a bout with putting the key in the ignition and pressing the buttons (didn't really know what i was doing) and it worked!

Then later on that day, it happened again....so i did the same thing and it hasn't happened since.
    onethousandfivehundredandninetyeightcc

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    you've just resync'ed your key thats all.. I've done that in the past but it isn't that this time, the buttons on the key don't work at all (not even just to light the LED on the key itself)

A pity I don't have another key or I'd be able to see if its just the key thats FUBAR...

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it sounds like its got to be the key then mate, i know you've soldered it and that..but surely the LED should light up regardless to what could be wrong with the car
    onethousandfivehundredandninetyeightcc

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Have you opened the key to check the soldered joints haven't come apart again.

both my keys have broke and been re-soldered, not the best of designs really!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckle247 View Post
    Have you opened the key to check the soldered joints haven't come apart again.

both my keys have broke and been re-soldered, not the best of designs really!
    Sounds like the fob to me as the LED is a status LED to tell you the circuit has been completed either the LED has gone or part of the circuit is broken my money is on the latter,get a multimeter on it

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    well I've had the key apart a couple of times and all seems well inside, not sure what to do really, may have to look down the avenue I began to explore in another recent thread

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    fixed it! spent the last 5 or 10 minutes or so stripping the key out again and reassembling it, to check if the terminals had snapped again (they hadn't incidently) and when I put the key back together the LED worked when I pressed the button, so all I had to do was resync the key and its all good

no idea why it stopped working though

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I wedged a bit of card between the top of the battery and the inside of the fob case, sorted out my intermittant fob.
    2007 Metro Blue 5 door Mk5 Elite 1.7CDTI
    6th Vauxhall (4th Astra) in 10 years...plus a couple of other sheds...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Near Portsmouth....... Drives a Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you look at the battery connections into the PCB you will see they break.

Mine has been soldered about 4 times now.
    The truth is always the truth even if you haven't realised it yet...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast