Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you set out a plan when your modifying your car?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Do you set out a plan when your modifying your car?

Do you sit and work out a rough course of action when modyfing your car or do you just buy the first thing that you can afford that month?

Ok bit of detail. Obviously not everyone has fortunes to spend on cars, I certainly remember my student days when any changes resulted in a large case of going without to afford the next bit for the car.
    However when doing that I always had a rough idea of where the car was going and the style I was looking for, but looking around the streets these days there seem to be more and mroe cars that just have no thought process behind how they have been modified.

Clearly more and more people are taking the £x amount they have available that month going into the local Halfords or onto ebay and buying the first thing that comes to hand, stick it on the car then just carry on doing the same blindly until they have a car that is a random mis-match of parts that in reality look terrible, where as for the same amount of money they could have had a pretty decent looking car.

So whats your thought process when modding?

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    im on a tight budget, so when i decide what mod i want next i just have to sit and wait till one comes up cheap enough second hand mostly.

Sometimes it upsets me that im a student when i see people on here getting really nice things brand new and they say that they just decided it looked good so they rang up lmf,

but then when i am able to get things for my car it makes them more enjoyable.

*not a rant and i dont mean for any of this to sound funny to anyone!!*

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I had a car I wanted to follow the lines of, it was a green mk4 cover car in total vauxhall, I fell in love with it and set out to follow similar lines, the rest of it fell into place and I brought what I wanted or needed to get it how I wanted. I waited for parts to turn up and had the money there to get them, saving me a fortune along the way.

The car ended up a million miles away from its first plan, but I dont regret doing it, just wished I was a little wiser in the early days, would have made the task so much easier.

Biggest regret is to part with it though. More to the fact I was so close to finishing it to how I wanted it to be, but needs must and the sacrafice is worth it.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by f4af100uk View Post
    im on a tight budget, so when i decide what mod i want next i just have to sit and wait till one comes up cheap enough second hand mostly.

Sometimes it upsets me that im a student when i see people on here getting really nice things brand new and they say that they just decided it looked good so they rang up lmf,

but then when i am able to get things for my car it makes them more enjoyable.

*not a rant and i dont mean for any of this to sound funny to anyone!!*

Know where your coming from, when I was a student I had to survive on £80 a week and out of that I had phone bills etc. to pay, but the point I was making is that at that time I had a rough idea of how I wanted the car to look and tried to do things in an order, but there seem to be more and more cars just randomly done or appear just to have anythng thrown on them to look different, which results in the car looking gash. By the same token there are also a lot of people who spend fortunes to acheive the same result.
    There are a lot of cars built on shoe string budgets that look great.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sorry,
    i didnt read the thread properly,
    i didnt/dont have a idea were i want mine to go, i just see parts of other peoples cars and want them.

i like idividuality but i also dont like to random either if you know what i mean

Milzy
    I have soo many ideas running around my head, its just finding the money to get it done. I'm not stupid and dont blow all my money, I save a certian amount of it - which is the responisble thing to do tbh as you never know what may happen; for example, just had to pay 2k to fix my car which I use everyday. I'm struggling now, but if I had spent that on the car I would of had to sell the car at a huge loss.

However, I do have a plan on what I want to do and what I want the car to look like, but as you know things never go to plan. I do see alot of cars kitted out and tbh, the quality is shite - if you going to do somthing, for gods sake do it properly!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Im just following the rest of the SW members but with my own twist but parts i want for my current mod are unavailable.
    I'm like a bad penny, old, dirty, and appears when not wanted.
    Guess who's writing a victorian fantasy book. #JamesPurcell #The Diaries of James Purcell

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i usualy know how i want it too look and i get there and then want to strip it and sell it again
    Ibiza FR CR TDI with 203 BHP

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a rough plan in my head, but budgetry restrictions always limit what you can do and when, unfortunatley
    888 Coupe - The original and best!
    For sale - 1x Kidney, Slightly abused by alcohol
    £45,000 or Part Ex for VXR8 Bathurst-S

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I get paid a fair whack so most of the time I can afford the parts but i do have a set plan. I didn't when I started, i just wanted some alloys. Now the car is nearing completion. The major changes are the new wheels next week and re-trimming the rear bench. Got the fabric lined up. plus there's a couple of little touches in the pipeline like astra H side repeaters.

The thing that makes it budgeted for me is my car needing looking after as it's high mileage.
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast