Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter

Thumbs Up Next mod is here woo hoo

Well as some of you may or may not know I have a motorola car kit in my car and I no longer have a motorola phone to go with it.

After talking to our handy man Gary his wife had dropped her Motorola in a bucket of water by accident and currently didn't have a phone. I loaned them my old motorola and informed them that I was selling the car kit and phone. He wanted it and asked how much. First of all I said £50 and he said no way jam its too cheap come on how much. I quickly scoured the Tinterweb for the car kit for my nokia. Realising I could afford to buy it if Gary was willing to pay £70 for the phone and kit.... On the proviso I fit it to his mondeo for him deal done

So look what came today...

Nokia CK-7W
    Brodit no holes mount plate 652597
    Brodit N80 holder with cable support 905087

Just wanted to say a HUGE thanks to ...
    Funkyourfone.com for sorting me out my new Nokia CK-7W hands free kit
    and also
    DSLDevelopments who have been very efficient, helpful, friendly and knowledgable in helping me select my new brodit mounts for the phone kit.

Ordered all these parts yesterday and they have turned up today as promised packaged well and looking spanking. I cannot praise these sites enough.

I know what I'm doing Sunday now!!!!
    jam
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Those Brodit clips are absolutely brilliant! I loved having mine with my iPod.
    From the Southeast? Find your next meet here

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence is limited.

At least I have chicken!

WellOilBeefHooked

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    Yeah the brodit stuff is well thought out. I mean they've got 4 different mounting brackets for the Astra G alone! Astra H mounting plates are also available for those who are interested - no holes!.

jam
    Its a jam thing

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Very Nice, though your gear knob is squint
    Hey YOU See Oooour Reeegin Noooo ! Toss Yer Caber Here

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    It was many moons ago. I've straightend it and glued it inplace now. Plus the whole centre console is painted too.
    Its a jam thing

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    OK will let you away this time, but looked better squint
    Hey YOU See Oooour Reeegin Noooo ! Toss Yer Caber Here

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    Well the weekend came and the new car kit was all lined up ready...

First off removal of the old kit.
    Antenna prised of windscreen and cable un routed from around the windscreen/roof area.
    Phone holder unscrewed from dash leaving marks
    Microphone removed and un routed using the same route as the antenna
    Speaker removed from passenger foot well along with bracket.

Easy so far.
    Next... remove the glove box, TC panel, ashtray, centre console, radio, wiring ect

So out come the TC panel, ash tray and head unit first.

Next break out the laptop and masking tape. Recalling an MSN conversation and wiring diagram Autosparks gave me I taped up the wires and wrote on the tape what they were so as not to be confused later.

==Stop for Bacon and Sausage sandwich==

yum yum

Next remove the centre console and wiring harness to the head unit. Go inside and begin surgery.

Old wiring removed from the harness and new wiring spliced on. Quick test inside the car confirmed Autosparks is a god and I can follow instructions .

Quickly put everything back as the missus informs me that we need to go to ASDA and its 3:30 already .

With only 1 Screw left over {get in**. Here she stands...

Get in. All works lovely but found out this morning I've obviously knocked my antenna connector off the radio as I can't get radio 2 any more. So tomorrow will be removal (again) of the centre console and sort out the antenna.

jam
    Its a jam thing

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    ah jam its only radio 2 you shouldn't be listening to that anyway

just kidding mate

anyway, how much did the car kit sting ya for in the end? I assume that funkyourfone.com was the cheapest place as well? and what about the Brodit clips? where do they come from?

need to get a kit for my N73 soon so any help appreciated

EDIT - and what are you going to do about the marks in the dash from the old kit?
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    Ex-Astra Owner
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Looking good Jam.

How you planning on getting rid of the holes from the old kit?

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    After reading the SIO-Communications forum and asking a few novice questions I stumbled accross this kit. Now I'm really hacked off with the poor reception of the N80 I have so was ideally after a kit that would boost the signal reception or would give me the ability to use an external antenna, which worked very well indeed with my motorola kit. However Nokia do not produce a kit for the N80 that will do this without spending £250 on Nokias version of a parrot which by the looks of it is a phone in its own right.

However I also didn't want a screen or a button really so wasting £250 wasn't high on my priority list.

I opted for the CK-7W. Very good kit got some good reviews. As SIO had helped me so much by way of their forum I was determined to buy it from them although Ebay were knocking them out for £50 which is £30 cheaper than SIO. But I'm a firm believer of helping those who have helped you so didn't mind paying extra. I phoned them up (as I hate purchasing online) and they were closed whilst they were on holiday plus I wanted to make sure they had all the parts instock.

Quick search on Yahoo brought up Amazon, but they were selling it on behalf of funkyourphone.com. So I searched for them and got it cheaper than Amazon could do it for . Phoned up and ordered the kit. They were very professional and made sure what I was buying was right for me (not upselling either!). The recommended using Citylink because of the Royal mail strikes to Garuntee I got the kit.

As for the brodit mounts I looked on brodit.com and used their wizzard to find 4 options for mounting the kit to an Astra. Picked the one best for me and used yahoo once again to track me down an outlet. DSL-Developments came up clicked on them expecting to find some rubbish site downloading spyware to my PC. However I found a wonderful site and that was also helpful in confirming the parts I wanted.

Phoned them up ordered using the part numbers but they were very efficient, very helpful and made sure what I was using and where the kit was going ect to make sure everything I got was spot on. Again advised using citylink because of royal mail and everything was packed excellently and I'm 100% happy with them! superb service.
    Its a jam thing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast