Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seller is getting on my tits..Any Ideas???

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Seller is getting on my tits..Any Ideas???

Hi,

I bought an astra on July 29th. It needed a nice new paint job after the last spanner had it. No problem, he'd already arrranged all this, so I put down a deposit (500) and he wrote a receipt, to pick up on August 2nd. This is whats happened since-

August 1st- I phone him, car isn't ready till Sat 4th.
    August 3rd- I phone to confirm, seat was a little ripped, woman not at work to fix, ready monday evening (6th August).
    August 6th-Phone before I set off, car not ready, had to go to the paint shop again, due to a small defect. Ready tomorrow for definate, come at 6.
    August 7th- I turn up at 6, he's not there, wife phones him. I spoke to him. Can't pick up car, he's in traffic on the motorway and the spray shop is now closed. He''ll bring it around to mine tomorrow at 3 (my house is 35 miles away).
    Today- I wait till 4, then call him. The garage has put the wrong mileage on the MOT, he's on his way to the garage now, call him in a bit.

Since I bought this car, he hasn't called me once! He is really pi$$ing me off with these excuses now, any ideas???

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    get your £500 back and proceed to the next sale.

What car are you buying? Make, age, mileage etc??

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    1999 Astra 1.6 SXi, 83K. Price-1875

It's getting the money back, he lives like an hour away and won't admit entertain anything other than the car must be perfect before he delivers it.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Molotov Cocktail?

(not condoning the use of burning petrol to solve all your issues)
    John - Astra GTC SRi 2.0 CDTi

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i hate it when things happen like that mate, i normally dont give more then a 10% of total value as a deposite as that way if shit like this happends u know u havent given him much. Personally i would pay a visit to his house when he is not expecting you and that way u can confront him. Good thing is that u have a receipt so u can allways get the five-o involved if he continues to piss you about. also the fact he has not contacted you to inform you of the progress is shows that maybe he is giving you the run around
    Astra Coupe Turbo

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piltz2004 View Post
    Molotov Cocktail?

(not condoning the use of burning petrol to solve all your issues)
    plan B is decided, then, but I suppose I should come up with a plan A for starters!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No offence but why did you leave a deposit of £500 on a car only costing £1875. Personally I would be leaving no more than £100 on a car of that price, add to the fact theres no way I would be buying a car privately until it was actually ready for sale. Get your money back and find another Vauxhall built plenty SXi;s.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveDempsey View Post
    No offence but why did you leave a deposit of £500 on a car only costing £1875. Personally I would be leaving no more than £100 on a car of that price, add to the fact theres no way I would be buying a car privately until it was actually ready for sale. Get your money back and find another Vauxhall built plenty SXi;s.

exactly as now he knows ur buying it he will get the work done cheap and prob bodge it, only buy a car one u seem it in its final state
    Astra Coupe Turbo

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wake up, you have kissed your £500 good bye, the excuses will keep coming until he disapears or your get threatened and told to stay away.
    Tell me what you've done, not what you're going to!

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    time to turn up on his doorstep with 3 of your mates

(not in an intimidatory manner you understand, the official story is that you'll need someone to drive you there so you could drive the car back, and the other two mates came along so you both had a passenger for the return journey )

thats what I did when I was mucked about, I soon got the car (which I later learnt he had tried to sell to three other people after I paid a 10% deposit) and I then refused to pay the full price as I'd been mucked about as well. I knocked off £100 from a £1200 Punto for the hassle/expense of driving all of 28 miles to get it
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast