Thread: Lowering coupe turbo

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lowering coupe turbo

I have been looking into lowering my coupe turbo. I have searched on here and seen on here lots of people have lowered 30mm on just Eibach springs with standard shocks, whereas other people say that the shocks need upgrading too.
    I went in and got a quote from Courtenay yesterday and they use Bilstein shocks and Eibach springs, another company quoted the same springs but with Koni shocks (£700 fitted, reasonable?). Then i see Koni has brought out the FSD shock that people say is really good.
    Need some advice really as i havent got too much knowledge and dont want to spend money if i dont have to. Basically want to know the advantage i will get using different shocks. And which shocks are going to be best out of the options available.
    Im happy that 30mm will be enough of a drop after seeing various pictures of other peoples cars.
    Can anyone help?
    Thanks

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    i'm happy with my 30mm eibach drop on my coupe turbo and i am running them on standard shocks for quite a while now with no problems and plenty of travel left in the shocks for when you go over bumps, i am running 215/35 18's on it with no fouling whatsoever. if I had got £700ish to play with personally myself i would go for FK Coilovers every time. But as things are i am pleased with my setup for now until i physically have to replace the shocks then it will be blisten shocks on the eibachs.

heres mine on the 30's with standard shocks

Daily Driver: 2004 Europa Blue Astra Convertible with cream leather.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have no experience of any of the shocks you quoted, but have heard koni shocks can be a little harsh. I have fitted FK coilovers to mine, which at the time cost me just over 400. They transformed the way the car handled, plus it didn't sit like a tractor any more, i have adjusted the ride height three time son the front to get it exactly how i want it. Only gripe with them is they corrode quick, nothing a quick go with a wire brush won't sort but hey. Should have greased the threads in the first place. Here's a pic of how mine sits......