Thread: Privledge Insurance - Rant

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Privledge Insurance - Rant

They really are the ****ing pits these days. When I first insured my origional MK3 Astra with them they were superb couldnt rate them high enough. For several reasons I changed insurance companies, but came back to them in September last year. Now in the last year Ive had a few policy changes everytime its been a pain in the arse, and everytime regardless of car the premiums went up. Last time I changed from the Sport to the GSi there was a big thing over "was I illegally trading cars", no pal come and look at my driveway. Then just called them up to change over to the ST and what a ****ing performance.

1st rep I got stuck me on hold then came back saying the ST200 was only made in 1997. No it wasnt, yes it was continued for 5 min. That was after trying to convincer her that it wasnt a 2.5 CDX Auto estate as it says on her system. She then started on the route of "are you sure of what youve bought etc.", eh look love have a look at my occupation on your system "motor trade", think I might have a rough idea. In the end we parted out ways and I said Id go find the origional reg and HPI sheet etc.

2nd rep, guy was a lot more helpful actually understood the concept of what I was trying to do, and that yes I do know what car Ive bought. However it still resulted in a premium increase, despite the car actuallyt being cheaper to insure on their own online quote system. Thankfully my renewal is up on the 9th of September so Privlidge can go take a running **** to themselves this year. Never had any problems like this before, shame it wasnt one of my other policys I was changing as Elephant are excellent with this type of thing.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I can say that I have never had any problems with Privilege - but I have only changed my car once while with them.

And the premiums have only come down every year. You should phone to complain about the treatment you got saying the first woman treated you badly and implied you were stupid.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Elephant are great until you make a claim, 9 months to sort out the claim against the tit who hit the Renault - leaving me alittle over £1400 out of pocket for the duration ! ******s !!!!!

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would have thought you'd be better off getting a trader policy Dave

Sir Changalot !

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Top insurance tip lads, put a female on your insurance and the premium will drop (assuming they are of reasonable age and not a hazzard on the road).

When I reinsured my Coupe with out the ex wife on it the premium went up £60 so I put my mother on it and back down it came!

Apparently having a woman on the policy reduces the risk of an accident, even if they don't ever drive the car.....crazy world, but cash in.
    Tell me what you've done, not what you're going to!

Status
    East Midlands RO
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K3FUS View Post
    Top insurance tip lads, put a female on your insurance and the premium will drop (assuming they are of reasonable age and not a hazzard on the road).

When I reinsured my Coupe with out the ex wife on it the premium went up £60 so I put my mother on it and back down it came!

Apparently having a woman on the policy reduces the risk of an accident, even if they don't ever drive the car.....crazy world, but cash in.
    cant agree more the missus is on mine a got it down £150 cant be bad
    Astra GSi Turbo
    dap-performance.co.uk
    Live in the East Midlands?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coo View Post
    I would have thought you'd be better off getting a trader policy Dave

Sir Changalot !
    i assumed thats what he had, is it not usually £2k a year for a trader policy
    prob work out cheaper lol
    What is cross posting? Is it when you get angry and post it on a forum?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Traders policys have limitations and can also be a pain in the arse, which is why I opt for private policys on my own cars, especially with the likes of the ST200 etc, else I would run them through the business insurance.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Privilage to me seem like a pack of tossers like Tesco - if you're not driving a 1.2 Clio or a 1.6 Golf they're not interested.
    2007 Metro Blue 5 door Mk5 Elite 1.7CDTI
    6th Vauxhall (4th Astra) in 10 years...plus a couple of other sheds...