AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Warning lights

Warning lights
    Right guys & gals,

I have a little problem with my 2002 (52) Astra G SRi.

I had the rear discs and pads replaced the other week and since then the ABS and TC lights have been coming on intermittently, and are now coming on every time I start the car. Yesterday I noticed the speedo was jumping up and down when I was stationary and when I pulled away the TC light flashed (obviously at this point the two lights were not on) and it felt like the handbrake was on.

Other than going back to garage who did the brakes (I will be tomorrow) does anybody have an idea what it might be?

Cheers,

Ed

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Check the NSF hub... the speed sensor is located on this hub (together with the obvious TC sensors) and check the wiring connector hasnt come free.

Spray it with WD40 anyway and hope that it rectifies itself.... if not then it looks like its time for a replacement front bearing/hub assembly.

£65-80 delivered is the goin rate.....Vauxhall try to charge in excess of £200 for identical part.

You could have it TECH2's at vauxhall to determine which hub is at fault (if that is the wiring connector aint just come unstuck) but seeing as the speedo is goin berserk then its defo gonna be the NSF one.

HTH

If u do need a new one then the part number is 9117622 and heres a selection of the ones available on ebay http://search-desc.ebay.co.uk/search...&fsop=1&fsoo=1